SCHM1AN

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a strange feeling (don't know why) that no matter what we write,

it will never happen.

They took the 'zero #uks given' approach with this thread:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1080743

-FA20DIT, FA25DIT, FA36DI (heck I'd take an FA34DI or 38DI too)

-MT/Dual-Clutch gearboxes

-Lighter AWD drivetrain

(maybe then they'd see more than 10% MPG improvements, lol)

-Redesigned taillights

-Redesigned front bumper/grill

-Cleaned-up headlight internals (since the shape won't change)

Or just scratch all of above, bring us the Levorg and sell the regular Impreza in the WRX body. Let Legacy/Outback RIP.

After the death of the 4th gen Legacy GT, I went to pining for a BMW 328i with xDrive. So, while I can't afford it at the moment, hopefully one day...

we know, you've been saying the same thing for 5 years. new material please

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

we know, you've been saying the same thing for 5 years. new material please

I have a new MBA! I just need a job now. SoA, I'll come work for you and help you sell boring appliances so I can afford a new BMW 328i with xDrive! :lol:

Otherwise I'll see you guys on the Audi, BMW, or Caddy forums!

Funny because I went car shopping a few months ago after the WRX was announced as only a sedan and these (plus VW) were the only dealerships I stopped at.

A H6 with 256HP is embarrassing. If they gave it at least 300HP, it would have made it tempting.
Yes, sad and lame... especially since stock internals already allow it.

With a few simple bolts-ons (intake/exhaust) - both Ecutek and Open tunes deliver 290-310bhp out of the H6 3.6R.

Not to mention the heaps (for an NA 6 cylinder) of torque - 300-330 ft-lbf... and a lot of that down low 2.5K RPM and up across an almost FA20DIT matching range of RPMs. (much more than the already impressive VQ37VHR equipped G37/Q50/Q60 can muster)

But don't ask me, ask ItalianLegacy :)

Funny because I went car shopping a few months ago after the WRX was announced as only a sedan and these (plus VW) were the only dealerships I stopped at.

Even if the WRX and STi were offered in a hatch, I think I'd still go for the Golf R. I'd gladly pay the premium for the refinement of the R, especially now since the performance is turned up to 11.

But anyway, most likely I'll end up in a CPO 3.0t A6, Genesis 5.0, or possibly even a new Taurus SHO depending on how the 2015 model turns out.

This seems to play into the old argument that the 4th gen LGT catered to a different market than the 5th and 6th gen.

Probably because there are few sport sedan, non-luxury, AWD cars worth a damn out there in the USA.

WRX is nice, but it's still in Impreza on the inside and grown-ups tend to want a little more goodies, tech, and creature comforts for their dollar.

Subaru is losing a lot of money this year again, still they having high sales, could have doubled/tripled their sales numbers.
Subaru is losing money?

Actually, they couldn't double/triple their sales numbers - don't forget they have to actually have the capacity to build the cars, and they don't have the excess capacity to double, much less triple, their sales volume.

Subaru is losing money?

Actually, they couldn't double/triple their sales numbers - don't forget they have to actually have the capacity to build the cars, and they don't have the excess capacity to double, much less triple, their sales volume.

Do you know how many people are waiting for another GT? Myself included, now I'll either ride my car until it goes to the junkyard or go German, not that interested in the wrx or sti.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Do you know how many people are waiting for another GT?
Unfortunately not enough to satisfy the SoA bean counters. Vanilla sells in our society. It's been working for Toyota and Honda for years. Subaru wants that action, not niche markets that helped them get to where they were before they went mainstream.

Do you know how many people are waiting for another GT?
I'll go out on a limb and say far far far far fewer than 40,000 a year.

I'm curious how the 3.6R is going to be with the HTCVT - I bet it is quite a bit more sprightly than it was with the 5EAT...

Archived