LegacyGT.com

Acessport

slvr08lgt

Hey fellow tuners..the other day when I flashed the stage 2 tune I noticed there was a map called low wastage and did a little reading on cobbs website about it. I couldn't real understand exactly what it is or does. The way it was explained was if your at a low rpm and go wot and sometimes it causes you to over boost and this fixes that problem. If any of you experienced tuners could help out and explain it a little better and if that low waste gate map is sill a stage 2 93 oct map, it is listed under the stage 2 maps...thanks in advance

Read this to understand what wastegate is first and you'll have a much better understanding of why you may need a low or high wastegate map.... Although Cobb really should call it a low WGDC or high WGDC map to be perfectly correct, since the map they label as "low wastegate" actually uses more of the WG.

WGDC = WasteGate Duty Cycle. The more WGDC there is, the more closed your wastegate door is, and thus the less your wastegate is being utilized.

If someone says, "you need to wastegate more" that means you need less WGDC, and vice versa.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Technical-Articles-s/70674.htm

After you read that, what I said above will make sense.

Yes, that's correct. If you're having a problem with overboosting, less WGDC is what you need, which the Cobb "low wastegate" map (named incorrectly IMHO) should help with.

I've also posted in your other thread too with some input. You should post a log up of your overboost condition. Also, has the weather been significantly cooler lately? That will usually cause a larger boost spike than normal and if a map isn't adjusted well for that, you'll hit the boost cutoff.

^-- What he said. You're not "overboosting" per se. You're spiking, which is perfectly normal. If you're throwing the CEL and hit fuel cut (you'll know it, your car will feel like Godzilla put his foot down on it), then you should look into it more.

Archived