LegacyGT.com

18" x 7.5" +45 or +48 offset??

congee

Hey all, n00b here.

Just purchases a new 05 legacy and planning to put some new rims on them.

What would be the proper offset to use on a 18x7.5 rim? +45 or +48 ??

Tires I"m using is 225/40/18.

Btw, what's the stock offset?

thx in advance

I did read over what Xenonk has been discussion about.

cosmetically speaking, which would look better?? I want to have a more flushed looked for the rim along with the fenders. So will 48 look better than a 45 ?? thx in advance again.

I'd not go down that far personally. The front track on all the Legacys, IIRC, is the same. 7.5ET48 sticks out a bit in front....you have to add negative camber to make it look 'right'. I sold a set of Volks because this bothered me so much. The 7.5 ET53 I put on instead was perfect and tucked a bit more than I'd like in the rear, so somethig in the middle would be best. You may not care as much as I did about the front sticking out...to each their own. ;)

Thx for the images.. that really clarified everything.

Just wondering thou, are the specs and dimension the same on wagon and sedans? cause my is a sedan.

You also mention negative camber to fix the +45 offset, I am planning to lower my car with Tein S.Tech or H. Tech springs, would that help?

Info on springs

http://www.tein.com/ti/s70.html

thx again bud for all the detail info.

the rear clearance is a bit less on the wagon, but the front is the same. Given the choise, I'd go with the +48 and not the +45. What you saw in that pic will be worse with +45.

OH man... now I'm just really confused.

Honestly thou, does 3 mm really make THAT much of a difference?

oh btw, Nice RIDE Legasee!! What kinda springs or suspension setup is that you got?

It matters if you are really close to rubbing...(take the wheel well strip out if you're close to rubbing)...then again, you can always spend about $100 or so to get the fender done :icon_bigg

In Taiwan now...:spin:

well....Legasee....your car is also lowered. The wheel travels in and up through it's motion, so a lower offset on a lowered car isn't as bad.

Congee - do you plan to lower your car? If the answer is yes, you should be ok. If no....it will look like the pic I posted.

well....Legasee....your car is also lowered. The wheel travels in and up through it's motion, so a lower offset on a lowered car isn't as bad.

Congee - do you plan to lower your car? If the answer is yes, you should be ok. If no....it will look like the pic I posted.

Patagonian, yes I'm actually planning to lower it eventually, only about an inch so I don't loose too much ride comfort

Thank you for your detail explantion. !!:icon_wink I'm getting the rims next week, I"ll post an image when its installed.

On a side note, I'm looking at my ruler... and just still can't picture the major difference 45 or 48 will make. Then again... just my 2cent

oh btw, Nice RIDE Legasee!! What kinda springs or suspension setup is that you got?

thanks... I got me some good'ole Tein H-techs...nice driveable drop and it don't break my bank :lol:

thanks... I got me some good'ole Tein H-techs...nice driveable drop and it don't break my bank :lol:

I thought they're the S Tech, the drop seems a lot more than an inch. Anyways, nicely done!!

I'm actually planning on getting the H techs myself. How do you find the ride?? Nice and comfortable?

What kinda Lip is that you got on? Looks nice!!

I thought they're the S Tech, the drop seems a lot more than an inch. Anyways, nicely done!!

I'm actually planning on getting the H techs myself. How do you find the ride?? Nice and comfortable?

What kinda Lip is that you got on? Looks nice!!

The drop is really nice...the S-techs are slammed and ride is pretty hard (if that's what you like), but the H-techs drop is just right for me...ride is a little stiffer than stock, can clear most bumps alright (even with the lip), but u still gotta slow down (just like any springs) when going through dips :icon_wink

My lip is from a vendor here name WRX_LGT, he's got some good stuff...it's pretty strong, I scraped hard (cuz stupid me, not looking while leaving a parking lot into the street) a few days ago and it held up NO PROBLEM!...

I did read over what Xenonk has been discussion about.

cosmetically speaking, which would look better?? I want to have a more flushed looked for the rim along with the fenders. So will 48 look better than a 45 ?? thx in advance again.

the 45 will be more flush with the fenders.. 48 and higher willl keep the tires tucked in and under the fenders.. but at a difference of 3mm, I would get the +45 to widen the track out some and camber the front to get more grip.. it's a win/win in that regards.

I ran a set of 18x7.5 +42mm offsets with race compound tires (wider than normal summer tires). You can dial in some camber, nothing wrong with that..

I posted many pics of my car with the tires and rims in those specs (you can do a search on "GTR9 rims") in various forums on LGT.com

Some people just dont like that extremely flush look like PGT is stating, but to me, it's fine.. and it's sitting under the fender just fine as well.

Keefe

The drop is really nice...the S-techs are slammed and ride is pretty hard (if that's what you like), but the H-techs drop is just right for me...ride is a little stiffer than stock, can clear most bumps alright (even with the lip), but u still gotta slow down (just like any springs) when going through dips :icon_wink

My lip is from a vendor here name WRX_LGT, he's got some good stuff...it's pretty strong, I scraped hard (cuz stupid me, not looking while leaving a parking lot into the street) a few days ago and it held up NO PROBLEM!...

Thx for the explantion :icon_wink!!!! Guess I"ll stick with the H Techs instead of S-Techs

the 45 will be more flush with the fenders.. 48 and higher willl keep the tires tucked in and under the fenders.. but at a difference of 3mm, I would get the +45 to widen the track out some and camber the front to get more grip.. it's a win/win in that regards.

I ran a set of 18x7.5 +42mm offsets with race compound tires (wider than normal summer tires). You can dial in some camber, nothing wrong with that..

I posted many pics of my car with the tires and rims in those specs (you can do a search on "GTR9 rims") in various forums on LGT.com

Some people just dont like that extremely flush look like PGT is stating, but to me, it's fine.. and it's sitting under the fender just fine as well.

Thanks Keefe!!! Thank you very much for that extensive explantion!!! Finally I'm outta the dark regarding this +45 or +48 issue :icon_idea I'm definitly more confident now going with the +45 offset.

I'll post a picture after the rims are installed.

Thx for the recommandations guys!! Guess I'll go with the +45, since the manufactuer of the wheel only makes them in +45 or +48

I've got the perfect solution: Get the 48mm offset and if they are tucked too far, then buy some 3mm spacers and you'll have instant 45mm offset. Both will fit, so it is just personal preference...

Archived