LegacyGT.com

GI: New Quad Tip CBE for 05-09 from Infamous Performance

m sprank

There have been requests for a new Quad Tip CBE for the 05-09. One that FITS, has no slip joints, uses quality stainless, resonated, quality cans with a deep tone (no coke can sound), tested for performance and fit with aftermarket bars. 3" to the Y. 2.5" from the Y to the cans.

We at Infamous Performance can do this. We are willing to go forward with the project. But, in order to cover R&D and production we need 20 buyers.

Pricing is $875 plus shipping. We do not see a large market for this after the initial GB. So for all intents and purposes the GB will be the only production run.

We are going ahead with production. CBE's will be built by Stromung. Quad tip, double wall. Full 3", no 2.5" restriction at the DP, or you can have it with the original 2.5" OEM style flange stepping up to 3". True Sedan AND Wagon specific fitment. Pure S E X for your LGT!

I placed the order for 50 units with Stromung today. We are still doing the mock up, then going production. First run will be 20 units. Second run will be 30 units. First run expected to ship mid January. Second run expected to ship early/mid February.

Anyone who wants 1 of the first 20 needs to pay deposit now. I mailed my check to Stromung today.

Deposits of $400 with the remaining balance being due prior to shipping.

I need to know style choice = 3" flange or 2.5" flange.

Also need to know sedan or wagon fit.

Deposits sent to sales@infamousperformance.net

Invoices will be sent via email.

List

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite willing to put my name on the list just yet (just got in on the Bosal deal a couple months back) but really wanted a quad-tip so depending on timing and funds….

In any case “M Sprank” get’s a big “thumbs up” from me for proposing what Invidia should have done right the first time.

Finally a GB from Mike that I'm not interested in...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Not quite willing to put my name on the list just yet (just got in on the Bosal deal a couple months back) but really wanted a quad-tip so depending on timing and funds….

In any case “M Sprank” get’s a big “thumbs up” for me for proposing what Invidia should have done right the first time.

this close to xmas i can't officially commit ~$600 to it, but am definetly interested.

I like the sound of my Cobb. Something ike that or Magnaflow. Like I said, deep, not ricey and "coke can" like. All hollow sounding is crap IMHO.

I also like rolled tips more than straight. Like high end European cars. But that is just me too.

I do not like Megan.

Gonna take a little longer than Christmas to deliver. Even if we had 20 people tomorrow.

But just to build a mock up and do initial testing is going to cost quiet a bit. Far more than is worth spending if the interest is not there.

Sorry no pix before building the mock up. But I am not making knock-offs. This would be an all new design with REAL testing and tuning pre-production.

NO. :lol: Resonated tips.... those are the biggest noise maker POS in the world. What is this 1992 all over again. You drive a 1.6 CRX? :eek:

Man, your makin Cali look bad. :redface:

I love the comedy in this place. Try the veal, be here all week! :wub:

If this is still around in a month, I will be more willing to commit $600+ for a nice quad tip exhaust. I just can't at the moment as I am finishing up my motor build and might be getting a bit crazy with some "additional" parts.

But I'll be keeping an eye over here looking for updates.

Oh, and if you do end up going through with R&D, please take drone in the BACK seats into consideration as well.

Thanks again Mike!

Its starting already. I see this is going nowhere. Once again no consensus. I gave the details and now there are questions, options, concerns.

I hope everyone sees this. This is exactly why the products do not exist. You scare away manufacturers because they dont see viable sales when they cant nail down what tip to use.

I tired. But this is exactly what happened when CNT tried.

I did not ask for input. I said I would make it. Its my design. My taste. If you like it great, if you dont... (then my mom said if you have nothing good to say, say nothing).

Sorry guys. this was not meant to be a "what do you want" thread. We have had plenty of those failures already. With the car out of production for 2 years now, I am pretty sure this a dead horse being beaten.

Its starting already. I see this is going nowhere. Once again no consensus. I gave the details and now there are questions, options, concerns.

I hope everyone sees this. This is exactly why the products do not exist. You scare away manufacturers because they dont see viable sales when they cant nail down what tip to use.

I tired. But this is exactly what happened when CNT tried.

I did not ask for input. I said I would make it. Its my design. My taste. If you like it great, if you dont... (then my mom said if you have nothing good to say, say nothing).

Sorry guys. this was not meant to be a "what do you want" thread. We have had plenty of those failures already. With the car out of production for 2 years now, I am pretty sure this a dead horse being beaten.

Oh - I don't know about that.

It's the interweb, you're always going to get people who pop in to say "blank".

What's important (what you stated was important) was having 20 people who liked your design/idea and were willing to pony up.

I don't know that you're going to have those 20 this week, but I think there's interest in what you're proposing.

Whoa buddy...whoa, I read the details and it isn't obvious in what you wrote that what you describe is the only way it'll be and that you have solidly made up your mind. Sometimes you do need to spell it out on the interweb... and we'll understand.

That said, if I saw it, heard it, and got feedback on fitment I'd consider it only if the look/sound beat the Prodrives I have.

Now in knowing you personally, I believe that you just might hit that target and it'll be amazing. So in trusting you (because without a mock up that's all we are doing at this point) I'd be willing to sell my Prodrives/Perrin pipes for your exhaust (I have fitment issues, minor but I have them).

I'm so interested in what you come up with that I'm willing to give it a shot. Although the Prodrives sound amazing to me the fact that I still have to hit up an exhaust shop to tuck them in and line them up I'd almost rather have the perfect fitment out of the box and a sound that's close to it.

This is the difficult part though, it's still very possible that I'll back out later if it's not what's expected. For something this subjective you really do need a mock up first.

Just an FYI (and somethig you already know), 90% on here want a subdued system. If it's almost silent until 4k rpm then you have a winner and it'll sell very well.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

I hear you Drew.

I am not asking anyone to pony up (yet). I would not ask for a deposit until the mock up was done and the prototype back from the factory.

I personally have owned Cobb, SPT (V2), and XO2. I would be going for the Cobb/SPT sound. But with a dual tip, it might be even a little more subdued.

I dont expect anyone to sell what they have, or start a fund. I just need to know that the "interest" is there. Its a lot of money to spend, just to break even (which is what 20 sales will do). I cant afford to spend $10k upfront and then be sitting on it in a sea container until I recycle it for scrap metal.

If the car was brand new I would pull the trigger without asking. Its the problem of "out of production" and "no interest beyond this forums members" that worry me.

I hope we get enough as I'm very interested in seeing where this goes (I'm hoping for an Infamous Performance M/C brace some day to ;)).

List:

1. Tsunami

2. Alaskajoel

3. blongo804

4. Drew888

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Interested but cannot financially commit. I'm in a similar position to Drew. I LOVE my Prodrives + X02 resonated mid and y but unhappy with slight fitment problems, ultimately I have always wanted a quad-tip setup. I'm ready assuming these will have perfect fitment, but I would like to listen to the sound before committing.

If it gets into production/testing phase, let me know so I can drive down to Oceanside and check these out!

I do believe you will find 20 buyers for these Mike as there has been a strong interest for quality quad tips but Invidia dropped the ball with their attempt.

Archived