LegacyGT.com

Jdm Spec B bumper with lip, now, what grill

RShaw

Okay, so i bought a jdm bumper/lip/grill off another member. The grill looks like a jdm mesh grill, but it does not line up with the mounting holes on the bumper and it doesnt slide into the bumper like it should. Any ideas why?

What grill should i get and where can i get it? Basically what are my options, because im having a hard time finding grills.

Here are a few pics, with the lip on, with no lip, and with the grill just placed in the hole. Do you guys like the jdm lip? im kinda undecided, looks a little rice to me.

449821256_nolip.jpg.4034d161af8061abce240bffa6d0d87e.jpg

lip.jpg.2885046c5aa7fa2633979f0d35537416.jpg

grill.jpg.6c780e4837e0b215186f1356c5c75c86.jpg

Yea I feel the same way. Maybe with spats some wheels and a trunk lip it would flow better. But that's the spats aren't really my style so I think its coming off for now. I would sell it, but I already cut it for the intercooler

Rev. A~C is the 05 style cars - pre facelift.

Rev. D is the 08 style cars - post facelift.

Like he said, some members have made that grille work for rev. A~C.

I say you should lose that lip and go get a JDM STi lip for it.

To make that grill fit you have to do the following;

You have to unscrew and remove the center section (the piece in the largest red circle), then you have to cut off the tabs that stick out on the bottom of the grill (the two smaller red circles). When you have that done remove your stock grille and the clips that hold it on and put the JDM STi grill on the car without attaching it. Gently close the hood fully and then move the grill around until it is flush with the hood and bumper. Use some masking tape to hold it in place where you want it and then reopen the hood (carefully not to knock the grill out of place). You will then have to drill two new holes one each behind the two holes circled in blue (in the second picture the hole I am pointing to is the one that comes pre-drilled in the grill, which is the one circled in blue and the second hole you see is the one you have to drill that aligns with the hole already on your bumper). after you have the holes drilled use the two plastic retainers that originally held your stock grill in place through those holes.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/JDMgrill-1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC02848.jpg

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Ahh very thoughtful. I wasn't sure what I was gunna do. My friend has a stainless plate that covers the holes on his wrx. I think its an spt part, I wanted to get one that said spt instead of wrx. But idk if they make one. Any ideas? I don't wanna run a front plate untill I get harassed.

• 1 month later...

Archived