LegacyGT.com

Any reviews of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus (new ones) on the LGT?

JoeFromPA

Hey all,

Just curious if anyone has run these NEW versions on their LGT for 5k or longer? Looking to get some reviews. Have about 37.5k on my re92s now and at this rate it's going to be replacement time in the summer.

Thinking of either this or the Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S in 225/45/17. Running those on my SI and they are some damn fine tires. The LGT is far softer stock though, and could potentially benefit more from the stiffer Pilot Sport without suffering any ride quality degradation.

Thanks,

Joe

I've had Pilot Sport AS Plus tires (225/40R18's I think) on my Stage 2.5+ LGT wagon for 2+ rotations now, so just as an estimate that's at least 17k+ miles so far. I don't have any complaints at all. The treadwear has been great, even with some negative camber (-1 degrees in front, -0.5 rear) dialed in. Wet traction is superb, I can literally make my stomach lurch on wet curvy roads and I've never been able to do that before. They'll get a full snow test this weekend in the NC mtns (forecast calling for 6-10+inches of snow). I can report back as to how they do in the snow.

Mud performance is ok, but then again, who else takes a LGT on dirt roads and muddy fields during Gauley season in WV?

Previous PS AS version did fine in 5-6 inches of snow and ice here in SC last year. Traveled on back roads to work and had no problems at all.

Great tires overall, worth what I paid.

One suggestion though, if you aren't happy with them, then call Michelin customer service. They will take care of you, that's part of what you are paying for when you purchase a premium tire (can't stress this enough, most folks don't call). Glad to hear that you are still happy with the Exalto's on the SI.

I had a set of Pilot Sports (older versions) on my Mazda MX6. Best tire I have ever had on any car. Amazing in the wet, dry, and snow. They wore forever as well... which helped with the price on them ($177 each!)... but I ended up going "good enough" with Yoko Avids afterwards ($80 each).

No experience with them on the LGT, though it's a tempting proposition. I'm pretty happy with the RE960PP that I am using now. Not great in the snow, but great in wet/dry.

I had a set on my 1995 M3 and they were great. We got a ton of snow last year and while I couldn't drive in the really bad stuff, it did surprisingly well in light/medium snow and compact snow/ice.

I'm sure with AWD I would have been able to go just about anywhere.

They did great in wet/dry too (as expected) but the snow performance was what really impressed me. I would recommend them over the RE960 (which I have on my LGT right now).

• 6 months later...
Just had a set of these installed on my 08 GT. Went to Discount Tire and they charged 727.00 out the door, which seemed to be a pretty good deal based on what is currently out there. I was running the stocker Bridgestones before - granted, these are brand new, but the difference in noise and grip level was immediately noticeable. So far I'm pretty happy with the purchase - I had a set of the old Pilot Sports on an Impreza I owned before this Legacy and loved them. I'm mostly looking forward to increased traction in snowy conditions, the Bridgestones had next to nothing.

Just had a set of these installed on my 08 GT. Went to Discount Tire and they charged 727.00 out the door, which seemed to be a pretty good deal based on what is currently out there. I was running the stocker Bridgestones before - granted, these are brand new, but the difference in noise and grip level was immediately noticeable. So far I'm pretty happy with the purchase - I had a set of the old Pilot Sports on an Impreza I owned before this Legacy and loved them. I'm mostly looking forward to increased traction in snowy conditions, the Bridgestones had next to nothing.

Damn! That's a good price for those. I'm kicking myself knowing that after buying DWS's a month or 2 ago.:lol:

Archived