LegacyGT.com

A huge thanks to TTG, and the power of community!

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank TTG, our very own forum member, for taking the time out of his day today to install LED Switchbacks in my Legacy 3.6R! He was an excellent communicator throughout the entire process and showed me how to uninstall and install the wires and the LED switchbacks.

Thanks TTG for your help today, it was very much appreciated! I'm finally happy with my DRLs and don't mind looking at them on other cars bumpers anymore or whenever I pull in front of a store etc...goodbye old halogen DRLs! So glad I was able to keep my high-beam functionality too!

This just shows the power of this Subaru community. I had a couple of questions, TTG reached out and suggested a better idea of LED Switchbacks for DRLs instead of what I had originally purchased, and since he lives in my area, I went over to his place today and got them installed. Awesome work and again, really appreciate the help. :)

Cheers.

Capture.thumb.JPG.7672075851821d1926d2648b53502a06.JPG

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was very nice to with you sir and thank you for the kind words.

Robbie- It is a pretty simple plug and play. I do not believe in cutting or splicing factory wires, so we plugged everything into car's OEM DRL plug.

This way switchbacks act just as the factory DRLs while looking super cool.

So the DRL plug is seperate from the high beam even though they're the same bulb?

Yup, completely different systems. Your brights will continue to function as designed when you flash or turn them on.

Wiring pics would be awesome!

Lighting Mods

Low Beams: D4S - OSRAM XENARC 66440 CBI HID BULBS

Highbeam/DRL: 9005 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 9005NBUHCB BULBS

Fog: H11 - OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED 64211NBU-01B BULBS

Subaru 20mm RSB

Wiring pics would be awesome!

There are some pics on one of the other threads out there. it's simple plug and play with the turn signal wiring, and just needs to connect into the DRL plug. Took literally 5 minutes to replace both. I have some pics when I did this, and will post them if I can find them again.

I'm tying to find the thread outling this but I'm not having much luck. Can one of you knowledgeable gentlemen post the link up here somewhere? Also if you know what bulb size that would be great. I recently bought some green 3157 for the blinkers and they didn't work (probably a good thing because they're illegal).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@BeastCoast1

It was very nice to with you sir and thank you for the kind words.

Robbie- It is a pretty simple plug and play. I do not believe in cutting or splicing factory wires, so we plugged everything into car's OEM DRL plug.

This way switchbacks act just as the factory DRLs while looking super cool.

are the leds dimmer being plugged into the drl plug than they would be at a straight 12v source?

are the leds dimmer being plugged into the drl plug than they would be at a straight 12v source?

Not at all. They get the full power they need.

Will this switchback bulb work for 15' 2.5i Premium?

Yes.

I have a quick question to anyone who has done the switchbacks. I am getting the iJDMToy ones and am wondering where and how you guys mounted the resistors. Did you just let them hang?

I zip tied them to the frame support right underneath the headlights.

Sorry, I can't take pics since I no longer have the Legacy. But it will be pretty self explanatory while you are doing the install.

I zip tied them to the frame support right underneath the headlights.

Sorry, I can't take pics since I no longer have the Legacy. But it will be pretty self explanatory while you are doing the install.

I know exactly where your talking about! Thanks a lot! I bet you miss your legacy haha.

So I recorded the kit today for the switchbacks and included is a harness that inputs the two harnesses and outputs one wire. How did you wire this to have both sides go into the DRL harness since it only has one output?

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l317/bobby3max_2006/image_zpse8nvejkk.jpeg

Forgive me if I'm just wrong, but couldn't you just not use the harness?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Forgive me if I'm just wrong, but couldn't you just not use the harness?

There's no way that little cable on the passenger bulb will reach to the DRL harness on the drivers side so he must have used the harness in some way. I'm thinking of just using half of the harness to run the passenger to the DRL?

Update: So I tried plugging that wire into the blue and purple sides of the DRL harness and got nothing so far. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Update 2: I realized that when the iJDM LEDs are plugged into the purple and blue sides of the DRL harness my LED high beams flicker (very weird as the DLR harness is not even plugged in). The Amber blinkers work fine though!

There's no way that little cable on the passenger bulb will reach to the DRL harness on the drivers side so he must have used the harness in some way. I'm thinking of just using half of the harness to run the passenger to the DRL?

Update: So I tried plugging that wire into the blue and purple sides of the DRL harness and got nothing so far. Not sure what I'm doing one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry, I thought from reading you said there was a plug in on each side lol.

Update: So I tried plugging that wire into the blue and purple sides of the DRL harness and got nothing so far. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Update 2: I realized that when the iJDM LEDs are plugged into the purple and blue sides of the DRL harness my LED high beams flicker (very weird as the DLR harness is not even plugged in). The Amber blinkers work fine though!

Right side DRL wire taps to the blue wire on the harness, left side DRL taps into the green wire on the harness. No purple wire is used.

Installed the iJDMtoy kit in under 30 minutes using this method. Quick, easy and works great. Zipped tied resistors to bumper beam, wire loomed everything and wrapped in electrical tape to keep moisture out and everything secure.

Archived