LegacyGT.com

Axle replacement

Literally on my way home to replace my clutch this weekend, and the passenger axle boot blew. I guess that's good timing, since I have to remove it anyway?

I found a new axle for $109 from AC Delco (PN 9668). However, it doesn't look like the old one. On the transmission side, the end of the new one has a female splined recess, whereas the old one has a splined shaft. Am I supposed to remove the shaft from the old one and stick it in the new one?

On the outer end, it has what looks like a gear (ABS ring?), which the old one does not have. Should I just knock this off?

Or, is this the wrong part altogether and I should just order one from the stealership?

IMG_2246.jpg.7f1e8c92ded89e5c8722a65d7c6d1748.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg.d6fa98e0c6e4e65899da804d63e93d32.jpg

No, but thanks for asking. I've spent the time thus far replacing the clutch/flywheel/pressure plate, and starting to put everything back together. Dealership will be open tomorrow, so I'll call them and just get a replacement boot and return the part in question.

yup. i just replaced my turbo side boot (as many others have done as well), somebody else on here said they found a replacement axle, but I never found one. just remember to get the green part clipped on the axle before you clamp the boot (push the boot down the shaft, secure green part, grease, and then pull boot back up and clamp it down).

Archived