LegacyGT.com

98 legacy L flashers stay on

their is a button under the steering wheel up above the pedals where all the wiring is the button is over toward the left. its kinda hard to find button if u have never used it. u have to hold the button and u have to have the key turned on. the flashers will do that everytime u dissconect and reconect the battery

Problem solved. With battery connected,use the remote door lock/unlock. This will reset things and the flashing stops. Any time the battery is disconnected you must do this. my car does not have an alarm system. this advice came from my local Subaru dealership service dept.

the alarm and the remote door lock are the same unit. they just add an extra wiring pigtail and a siren if the customer wants alarm.

the other solutions should work as well. which is good to know if you buy a used subaru with no remote like i did, twice.

If you got your car used, how would you tell if it had remote door locks? I have electric locks I think I may have remote door locks but am unsure.

second question is how would you get another remote?

if it is a subaru install, it may have a yellow sticker under the hood on the radiator support .

or you get on you knees and look up under the dash to see if the black unit it there.

or disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and reconnect it. if the lights flash then you have remote entry or alarm.

you can probably get a remote on ebay or the dealer.

Archived