LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

lookin good man love the wheels, how much lower can those bc's go?

thanks man!!!

with out messing with the spring rate by adjusting the base only the rear is at its lowest setting, the fronts have alotttt more low to go. but it wouldnt look right IMO.

Are those the new Rota D-Force wheels?

yes they are!!! i love those wheels 18x9.5 +40.... they look so small on the car, i wish they came in 19s

Just an update... I never put the KCA326 Rear Camber Bushings because I realized after having 3 adults in the rear seat, that if I put any more positive camber, I will end up rubbing (No rubbing on current setup).

No time/money to get rear fenders rolled, so I will just end up running with some camber in the rear.

That being said, I am selling the brand new set of KCA326 Whiteline Rear Camber Bushings for 08+ Impreza / 10+ Legacy... $110 (CAD) + Shipping.

Edited by DeltaSniper

Has anyone had any experience with k sports on a 2010 legacy? I just came across these http://www.vexmotorsports.com/Ksport--Kontrol-Pro-Damper-System--Subaru-Legacy-2010-Up_p_9586.html

I remember ksports were one of the earlier available coilovers for the 4th gen legacys. But then more than one member had problems with it leaking and I think people just stopped buying them soon after. Similar thing happened for megan racing and I was one of the victims. At first many people got the megan racing coilovers out of a group buy and loved it, then there were more and more reports of it being unreliable. Mine made noises after a month, and in 7 months both rear strut were problematic. There were other problems reported as well. I remember this member had his MR coilovers on his outback and he posted pictures of it leaking badly.

I don't know if the quality of ksport and MR has gone up for our 2010+ Legacys, but since I've always read/heard good things about BC's coilovers, why not try those instead for a similar amount of $? If you got the extra $ to play, I would even get KWs. But if you wanna be a test mule for the rest of us, try the ksport out and do a long term review about them. :)

I'm still deciding on what coils to run. I think I'm going to go with bc but another buddy of mine told me he has k sports on his altima for about 6 months and loves them. I also now stumbled across D2 racing coilovers. I've done research on all of them and I find good and bad reviews for all of them but I just can't decide which ones I want to run.

all those inexpensive coilovers are going to be hit or miss regardless of manufacturer. also, their dampening is kinda crap. i think someone on msprotege.com at some point did a shock dyno of some k-sports and it looked like ass. he dyno'd the 2 front ones and the results were terrible. basically, one had to be on full soft and the other on full stiff for the curves to be even. i dunno about you, but even if i was just getting coils to be hellaflush, i wouldn't want my dampening curves to be that off.

I'm still deciding on what coils to run. I think I'm going to go with bc but another buddy of mine told me he has k sports on his altima for about 6 months and loves them. I also now stumbled across D2 racing coilovers. I've done research on all of them and I find good and bad reviews for all of them but I just can't decide which ones I want to run.

Besides the fact that none of those options are great they will look/function like crap after one NY winter with salt.

Maybe this is a better place to discuss this topic. I saw this http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ll-145744.html in the "Swift" sport spring thread and thought this would be a killer way to go if this is available for the 5th gen. cars. Maybe a bit more work than just ordering a whole set-up from someone like RCE (who knows when those wil be available? Yeah, coming, I've heard that). But also they are Konis!

Fred Bean sells the strut inserts and rear dampeners for the 4th gen cars. And at a fairly reasonable price too. I guess I'm just wondering if these strut inserts could work in our cars too? Are the strut bodies simular enough? Or is the travel on the 5th gen way too short compaired to the 4th gen?

Maybe this is a better place to discuss this topic. I saw this http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ll-145744.html in the "Swift" sport spring thread and thought this would be a killer way to go if this is available for the 5th gen. cars. Maybe a bit more work than just ordering a whole set-up from someone like RCE (who knows when those wil be available? Yeah, coming, I've heard that). But also they are Konis!

Fred Bean sells the strut inserts and rear dampeners for the 4th gen cars. And at a fairly reasonable price too. I guess I'm just wondering if these strut inserts could work in our cars too? Are the strut bodies simular enough? Or is the travel on the 5th gen way too short compaired to the 4th gen?

I was actually reading that earlier today and it doesn't seem that complicated but I don't think the fourth gens would work on our gen. I'm pretty sure i decided on BC, now i just need to find a place that sells them and with free shipping lol.

I remember koni inserts being an option on the 4th gen, but it was a hassle where I think most 4th gen guys didn't want to deal with since there were so many different options. Since our 5th gen has no option period, this is actually a pretty good idea. At least I can't see how konis won't be willing to make a kit for us since there's not much R&D/additional cost to it. It doesn't have to be exclusive for 2010+ Legacy since its just an insert. All it takes is for them to obtain the measurements, and find the right strut insert in their warehouse that will fit our struts.

So who would you think would be the best company to approach with this idea? I've read the 4th Gen write-up done by the guys at Fred Bean. And to be honest, for that kind of performance, I'd do that work. With the right tools (pipe cutter instead of a hack-saw) it doesn't look that hard to do.

So who would you think would be the best company to approach with this idea? I've read the 4th Gen write-up done by the guys at Fred Bean. And to be honest, for that kind of performance, I'd do that work. With the right tools (pipe cutter instead of a hack-saw) it doesn't look that hard to do.

We can ask to have one of the coilover guys donate their OEM dampers and see if Koni is willing (since they've done this a lot) to make this happen. If that doesn't work, then we'll see if msprank (Mike) is up for taking the donated struts apart to do the measurements. After that, we can just look for a match from Koni or Tokico. The incentive for someone like Mike would be using the donated set as core exchange (since it wouldn't matter what miles you have on the OEM dampers) and charge people for the dampers and labor.

Come to think of it, I believe Tokico should have our measurements anyway because if I remember correctly, don't they manufacture our OEM struts? :confused: What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to confirm that the Eibach Pro Kit for the 2011 LGT will work with the 2.5i. I'm not sure why but Eibach said its not compatiable so I ordered it anyway and everything fix perfect. The car is sitting right where I wanted it to and still rides like factory. I will post pics soon.

Thanks,

Hatch'd