LegacyGT.com

Got a BF lastnight

So I picked up a '93 "L" wagon last night for $1,800 - pretty excited.

Its a one owner with 76,000 miles and in really nice shape, little bit of rust forming around the wheel wells, but not bad at all. The interior however is mint... The battery is new and the tires are good, although I would like to find some newer Subbie wheels for it soon.

I was going to run by the parts shop tonight and grab some stuff to give her a little tune up right off the bat.

Here is a list of what I thought I would grab for now:

5qt of 10w30 + filter

air filter

NGK plugs + wires

BELT - the belt looks like it will snap at any minute

Anything else you guys would suggest doing/buying now?

I am going to change the diff fluids and tranny fluid/filter once the weather is nicer. BTW

Not very high mileage so probably not...tranny is a 70,000 mile tune up and differential fluid is 100,000 mile tune up I believe, check for leaks and change whats necessary...other than that your probably good to go.

Have you driven it or has it been sitting for a long period of time? If so there could be a number of things to do.

ditch the 10w-30 and go rotella 5w-40....AWESOME OIL!!! get a pureone or purolator synthetic filter..... i have around 6000 miles on my oil and even though i use about a half quart or so every 2500 miles, (276800 miles) my oil is still clean!!!

thats my .02......................

Archived