LegacyGT.com

Front mount

Depending on your HP goals which IC to use. The FMIC makes it much easier to do maint on the engine if you need access to the back side. The FMIC is more work to install. You can get an FMIC for about 1/2 the cost of a good TMIC.
If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

i have a tmic now but i was looking at getting a fmic to change the look of the front of the car. i was just wondering if my car will react different or not, and well its a D D with just over 260 hp

well there would be an adjustment done afterwards buti was just wondering if it will hurt the ca by putting one on because ive been told i lose hp and the car doesnt run right with the front mount

i have a tmic now but i was looking at getting a fmic to change the look of the front of the car. i was just wondering if my car will react different or not, and well its a D D with just over 260 hp

First determine really WHY you want a FMIC.

- Why does your post say you want to change the look of the car?

- HP gloating vs. Usable HP

- Is a FMIC beneficial to the car?

If you don't read the rest of this post, read this:

FMIC is a functional, not a visual mod. There are much cheaper ways to alter aesthetics.

I went to a FMIC last year because (1) I regularly track the vehicle on road courses and the additional HP is useful under those conditions, and (2) a FMIC contributes to keeping the engine within safer conditions with the additional cooling of air and omit heat soak that's chronic with TMIC.

If properly tuned and you have appropriate additional components, you'll see higher HP and Torque numbers. But depending on your setup and tune, your power curve is likely to move toward the higher RPM range. So if this is only your DD, the additional power won't be usable power.

Archived