LegacyGT.com

JDM Parts- Living in Japan looking for suggestions

I'm living in Japan until 2016 and thinking of bringing home some JDM parts for my US 06 Legacy GT. Not sure what though... I know some things (like exhaust) can be cheaper back in the states. The only modification I have now is koni's. Dont want to go crazy. Thinking mainly body/chassis bracing, exterior (nothing requiring painting), and/or interior. Any suggestions? Pics would be helpful

10700268_10204966159572341_858402981972722059_o.thumb.jpg.2ffe3b3941dd6f2ef9bc95b6e8b9cc3f.jpg

How easy would it be for you to bring parts home? Would it be any cheaper than just sourcing the materials when your'e back in the states?

I say go for the whole JDM STI front fascia:

http://www.hkc-speed.com/images/uploads/bl5-bumper/30r/1.bmp

Bringing it back is no problem. Working here on assignment, parts would be shipped back with my home goods, no cost. Also $ to ¥ is strong. The car is getting up there in age. Body is in decent shape but not nice enough to put freshly painted parts on.

Eyebrows are a good idea and maybe gialla halo ring.

As for the head and tail lights, are they that much different? From what I can tell here the headlight corner has no yellow and the taillights aren't noticeable.

How about interior center console? Anyone know if a JDM grill will fill a US bumper?

Basically anything cosmetic or has to do with handling/chassis. A lot of power parts and dampers/springs already available in the States.

Biggest one, for me, is JDM dual-DIN climate control. Price is ridiculous for one.

My list so far is...

Cusco braces and sway bars

image_from_db.php?no=38122

Exterior-

Eye lids

Taillights (used ) and garnish

Grill without bumper?

Interior-

Double din with climate, but I didn't have any plan to change the headunit

If you can find a good front end from a wrecked spec b, its a really good looking front end. Plus I don't think a jdm grille fits on a usdm bumper. At least for 05-07.

the jdm headlights are a good look also, try to find a pair. And if you can get extra sets of the cusco braces, let me know I have paypal ready.

Another category of parts you want to look for is STi Genome. they at least made a gauge pack, strut bar and exhaust for the LGT, possibly more, its hard to find a catalog

Searching through used parts and found these...

Found these strut tower braces. STI and STi Genome. Any opinions on which?

http://www.i-parts.co.jp/used/detail.asp?td=2990408

http://www.i-parts.co.jp/used/detail.asp?td=2927620

Also HID headlights. Looks like someone put halos but its missing the ballast. Think they come cheap though

http://www.i-parts.co.jp/used/detail.asp?td=2785096

• 1 year later...
I plan to get Cusco front and rear. They are decently less. Im at loss because I'm on a budget, exterior stuff isn't worth it for a 10yr old car with 160k miles.not sure what else for the interior. Double din is nnice but don't want to drop the cash on a head unit. Only worth it for an Android auto headunit I think

• 2 weeks later...
I plan to get Cusco front and rear. They are decently less. Im at loss because I'm on a budget, exterior stuff isn't worth it for a 10yr old car with 160k miles.not sure what else for the interior. Double din is nnice but don't want to drop the cash on a head unit. Only worth it for an Android auto headunit I think

How much is the Cusco stuff runnning you If you don't mind me asking?

Archived