LegacyGT.com

Colorado Emissions 2015

ivonr

There has been loose discussion on this topic here-and-there but nothing concrete. It appears that for 2015 CO has changed emissions laws to the following:

"Vehicles that are eight (8) through eleven (11) years old will need their "On-Board Diagnostic (OBD)" computer systems checked.

If the “Check Engine” light is turned on, then these vehicles will fail the inspection and need repairs.

Starting in 2015, this will apply to vehicles from model years 2005 through 2008.

Vehicles that are twelve (12) years and older will continue to get the “I/M 240” dynamometer (treadmill) test.

Starting in 2015, this will apply to vehicles from model years 1982 through 2004.

I/M 240 is the best way to test vehicle emissions under real-world conditions."

My question is, how does this affect our Stage 2 Legacys? I've heard some people pass , some fail due to visual inspect. Also heard some places are more mod-friendly than others

Any advice appreciated as i am looking to go stage 2 very soon . 08 LGT 5EAT

This is good to know, i do no not think that it will pick up any codes or if they will visually inspect our vehicles. I currently am on stage 2 as well and i don't really want to remove my down pipe and go to a stock map, too much work lol. So hopefully they don't do any visuals for a cat, because that would suck for us catless DP users!

This is good to know, i do no not think that it will pick up any codes or if they will visually inspect our vehicles. I currently am on stage 2 as well and i don't really want to remove my down pipe and go to a stock map, too much work lol. So hopefully they don't do any visuals for a cat, because that would suck for us catless DP users!

i think that will depend on the individual station and how difficult they want to be :(

yeah that is true, a lot of them know what to look for especially in a subaru. Im going to install the stock downpipe regardless since i have to replace some gaskets in there. Im due for emissions this month too so i will let you know how it goes once i go through them. Hope they aren't douches.

IMO, there is no need to swap to the stock downpipe anymore.

I passed 2 weeks ago in Parker with a CNT Catted DP, AVO mid/y, stock cans. Stage3 E85 tune on BNR16g.

They did not sniff my car at all. Just an OBDII scan and a light visual.

^ Congratultions. You also passed in Douglas County. How confident are you that the procedure is the same for Denver County, Arapahoe County, Jefferson County, Adams County, Boulder County, Broomfield County, Gilpin County, Clear Creek County, and Southwest Weld County?

ragman is right. I was sweating all these rumors from downpipe to aftermarket wheels. I ended up leaving my car the way it sits. I'm stage three and went to the station at 52nd and Marshall and passed no problem. Hooked up obd and that was it no roller test. Basically as long as your check engine light is not on your good. Btw I have pretty agressive exhaust. Its obvious my car is modded. They seemed to not care at all.

Archived