LegacyGT.com

Hi. I'm new here. I just picked up a mint condition lgt wagon. Has magnaflows already on it. I'm lookng to put a little more power down. The accessport is obviously first on the list. I was thinking 300hp was a nice round number to shoot for. Would the port and an intake be enough to get it there. From the posts I've read everyone is very pleased with the Ecu but I haven't seen any solid numbers. Am I going to have to do serious plumbing to reach my goal?

gonna need a bit bigger then the wrx turbo, but then you also run into the supporting mods for the larger turbo - bigger then 08+ wrx turbo

since your 05, buy a vag com cable and get infamous1 to tune it. cheaper then the ap and more reliable and more power. need sti uppipe and atleast gut one of the stock downpipe cats

then from there if you still want more power, then its do you want flow or spool for turbo and what goals you have in mind

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

At the wheel i'm guessing a WRX VF52 with some injectors, CBE, Downpipe, Intake, AP should get you pretty close. BTW is this Auto or stickshift? If Auto you can still get the numbers but the tranny can only hold so much.

• Moderators
You'll want to think seriously about a hexmods valve body upgrade for the tranny. As long as you pick one of those up and don't 'launch' the car (unless you replace the center diff needle-bearing) the trans should be happy. Throw a transmission cooler and thermostat on as well--cheap insurance.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Just a bit shy of my target but still within the ballpark estimate, 278whp and 297tq on mustang dyno

Not bad, plenty of power for an a-b-c-a again car

5th gear passing, no need to downshift, just gas and go, zoom-zoom

1/4 mile just for fun in a couple of weeks,13.3 is my target, though high 12's are possible

i wouldnt use 5th gear to pass, just use 4th unless you get the vb mod and/or add more clutches to 5th

5th gear is not meant to hold that kind of power

mine holds fine.. holding power of wet clutches is wayyyyy more than shifing ability. once its in its fine.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Yea dont floor it in 5th lol. Unless your doing like 140+. Get the Hexmods VB too, great peace of mind. You dont really need a cooler, unless your going to be beating on it for prolonged periods. Mines is holding up fine with an 18G + E85.

Archived