LegacyGT.com

Windshield cracks too easily? STUPID STUPID!!

Wow I am really mad now. Driving to work this morning nice and calm then POP! another freakin rock hits my windshield. This time from a random bus traveling the opposite direction. I have had my car since october, and it has 3 pebble sized chips in the windshield, and countless tiny pits from road debris. Prior to this car i have never had a chipped windshield. I have had rocks hit my previous car lots of time, over 5 years and not one chip.

Is subaru glass just the worst ever made? Or did i just run into the worst luck? I know its not my driving, because i keep at least 3 second gap between fast moving traffic, and i never travle behind a Semi truck.

Anyways, thats my morning rant about how mad i am with the stupid windshield cracking so easily.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a few on mine as well but not sever enough to get repaired. Insurance will usually cover the repair cost and as long as it's not in your line of sight or larger than a dime they can be fixed....

My truck on the other hand had one that I repaired for $50 then got another then a third. Then the third started cracking this winter.... really sucks......

Agreed, is it weaker or too tight or something?

I got 2 chips within the first week of owning it and one spread across the entire thing!

My previous car was a 1990 BMW and it had zero chips. It also sat in the garage 95% of the time... that might have had something to do with it.

I've never had a windshield crack until I got this car.

I was driving through road construction about 3 car lengths behind an older toyota pickup (it was medium blue and was slightly lifted with a black roll bar.. I remember when something causes me aggrivation!!) one of his giant crappy bald "offroad" tires that should have been replaced years ago tosses up a rock and hits the windshield right by the passenger wiper tip.

I thought nothing of it.

the next day I have a crack that runs clear to the middle of the windshield and keeps getting larger as the day runs on.

I am worried that i'm going to have this trouble again every time a rock hits my windshield (which where I commute happens more than I'd like it to.)

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I went through 3 windshields in my Impreza, so it doesn't surprise me that they're a little delicate in the Legacy too...

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6,000,000,000 people on planet earth. 8 Subaru "suspicious windshield glass" posts. 8/6,000,000,000 = a very small number. therefore, probably just bad luck.

Just because we're the only 8 or 10 people in this thread... there's plenty of people who have the same opinion. Before buying my Subaru two things I heard was the paint sucks and the windshields break.

My paint still looks good. :icon_lol:

give it time... in a few years the front of your hood will be raw aluminum. Mine already has more chips in it in 40k miles than my last 2 vehicles combined.

but whattya gonna do right?

+1 just because a small number of people are on here does not change the fact that the windshields are crappy :p

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived