LegacyGT.com

Legacy Build Quality

I am not sure how many 2005 Legacy owners are out there (it has been a little while since I've been on the forum). I was wondering how you all felt about the building quality of your Legacy. I love my car, but there are certain things about it that get to me sometimes. My dash rattles, somewhere in the back left of the car rattles, even my drivers seat squeaks when you are sitting in it.

In comparison I have had a 2000 Honda Civic SI, 1991 Nissan Sentra XE, and a 1974 Plymouth Duster. All three of those cars were much lower end than my Legacy and seemed to have somewhat better build quality - especially in the sqeek/rattle department.

Again, I love my car - just wondering how others thought about this, and if they had similar issues.

Thanks!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only short term for us of 1.5 years/22k miles however build quality is wonderful. No squeaks/rattles etc or issues.

I hope it at least makes it till 150k rattle free. Both our previous Honda's 95 Civic & 96 Civic turned into rattle traps around the 140k - 150k mark.

I think the build quality of the vehicle is good. I have 19,000 mile on the spec.b and do not notice any of the rattles that some have pointed out. I will say, however that I am not pleased with the quality of the leather.

I think the build quality of the vehicle is good. I have 19,000 mile on the spec.b and do not notice any of the rattles that some have pointed out. I will say, however that I am not pleased with the quality of the leather.

What quality do find lacking in the leather?

I am not sure how many 2005 Legacy owners are out there (it has been a little while since I've been on the forum). I was wondering how you all felt about the building quality of your Legacy. I love my car, but there are certain things about it that get to me sometimes. My dash rattles, somewhere in the back left of the car rattles, even my drivers seat squeaks when you are sitting in it.

In comparison I have had a 2000 Honda Civic SI, 1991 Nissan Sentra XE, and a 1974 Plymouth Duster. All three of those cars were much lower end than my Legacy and seemed to have somewhat better build quality - especially in the sqeek/rattle department.

Again, I love my car - just wondering how others thought about this, and if they had similar issues.

Thanks!

Yea, my 2005 LGT dashboard rattles as well...

The side panel on the drivers seat is wearing already, and the red dye seems to be coming off on the bottom of the seat in the back seat.

Interesting. Does you back seat see a lot of use? I'm assuming that it is the seat bottom on the port side that is showing signs of wear?

Only 100 miles on mine so far and the interior is rattle free, panel gaps look great, etc. A VW I owned back in 2002 had door rattle right off the lot! So, maybe my standards are low, but I like it so far.

Thanks!

It shouldn't be doing that. If the rattles are going on consistently, perhaps you should take it into your dealer for correction. That's what "bumper-to-bumper" is for.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Interior rattles aplenty (I have a lowered suspension and 18's with low profiles, so i have to take the blame here).

3 replaced ECUs (cooling fan issue)

2 rear wheel bearings (probably from the aftermarket wheels/suspension)

Other than that, I'm golden, and I have 31,000 miles on it.

So far the only two things are really annoying me. I have a squeak coming from the driver seat from around the hinge area. It makes a noise whenever I lean back in the seat, for example, to adjust my seating position. I haven't taken time to pinpoint the origin.

Second is the driver side windshield wiper. I went through two sets of OEM wiper blades and/or inserts, and now aftermarket Valeo aero wipers. The Valeo parts are an improvement, but both blades skip across the windshield when it rains. I'm beginning to think that somehow the windshield is to blame.

Thanks!

I had a '90 Prelude for 11 years. After the 3rd year of ownership, the car was rattling up a storm. Great car, just a lot of noise.

2001 Outback (base model) - Owned for 5 years. Not a rattle to be heared.

2006 LGT - 1 Year of ownership. No rattles. So far anyway.

Other than having to add 8 oz. of coolant, no problems, no squeeks or rattles. 37,000 miles including one Wyoming winter.

By the way, I can't believe a 1974 Plymouth Duster has fewer rattles and better build quality than a 2005 Subaru.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/plymouth-duster/images/plymouth-duster-1973c.jpg

Archived