LegacyGT.com

How much do brakes for a LGT cost?

godwhomismike

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gitster

Wow. 5EAT FTL.

I have almost 50k on my original pads, but they need replacement soon.

Now a days it is sometimes cheaper to replace the rotors than to have them turned. I dont know if thats the case for the Legacy. But for some other cars, Rotors are only $20/piece.

You should most definitely get them turned, if you have any sort of warping or vibration.

I think I am going to replace my rotors w/ my pads just because they have lasted so long.

Guest Gitster

If your rotors are in bad shape, they will eat your pads quicker. Depends how many miles you plan on puttin on the car in 9 months.

To turn the rotors, I believe they remove them and put them on a lathe.

If your rotors are in bad shape, they will eat your pads quicker. Depends how many miles you plan on puttin on the car in 9 months.

To turn the rotors, I believe they remove them and put them on a lathe.

I'll probably put about 7K - 8K miles on it before turning it back in. Next two weeks I will be doing a lot of driving - to Atlantic City, and then home, and then to the Poconos. Probably 700-800 miles in the next two weeks

$99.30 set of front and $99.70 for set of rears :eek:

That is about $30 more total than the Hawk HPS pads I put on.

I did not turn the rotors, they were fine, just flushed with ATE superblue and bedded according to Hawk's instructions.

Took me about 2 hours with a beer or two to get them done.

I think I paid $180 for pads, ATE super blue and shipping from tire rack.

Duralast are fine. I have used them and the wearever parts on other vehicles that needed brakes. Never had an issue with them. Would usually put another 20k on before I would get rid of the car. Not performance pads.

That price sounds reasonable (at 65 F and 53 R). You should be able to get pads and flush for $100. Make sure they don't slam you with extra fees.

Archived