LegacyGT.com

DP install OK without ECU flash/upgrade

kcmusa

I can vouch for no CEL... I have an 07 GT and a catless Megan Racing DP...installed it myself.... It costs very little compared to others...and you can get an 02 censor extension...thats what I got.....1 downpipe + no cat + 02 extension = NO CEL .

Good luck

Right now I have full Megan Racing TBE, Perrin Pulley + Short ram intake, and a bunch of exteriors....as soon as cobb releases an AP I am on it :)

whenever you take out any of the cats, you'll most likely throw a CEL. if so, then the CEL will automatically turn off your cruise.
+1. But not everyone has the same experiences. The CEL code can be read and cleared with an OBD II scanner in the meantime.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

I did get the cobb catted DP, I think it has a spot for the o2 sencor?

if so will I be ok, no cel?

They all have at least one bung for an O2 sensor. I believe the Cobb DP has an additional bung before the cat (upstream) for installing a wideband O2 sensor for tuning. This will not prevent a CEL. It sounds like if you can find an O2 sensor extension; It will hide part of the O2 sensor from the exhaust stream and in effect reduce the reading of the O2 sensor and eleminate the CEL.

Let's kick this pig!

So we all know the AP is not out for the 07 GT and I have this DP sitting here waiting to be installed. is it ok to install and run just a DP without engine management? will i get a cel?

Did you wind up putting the downpipe in?

You can get a spark plug anti-fouler. 18mmx1.5 pitch works. Then you drill the center out with a 1/2" drill bit. Take all of 5 minutes and the anti-fouler costs $5 for a pack of 2. If you don't have a drill bit they are about $10. There is a member here who sells them already drilled out for $14, I believe his name is Jordanz23.

Does it really make sense to install UP/DP/Catback without an AP?

Seems to me that you are spending a bunch of money and taking a chance on warranty hassles for a minimum gain.

How much of a result can you expect doing this without a tune???

There are ways to tune without the AP. You can do it without the AP, and leave alot of power on the table. You can also tune with open source tuning and a tactrix cable. Start with small adjustments and be sure to datalog. Or you can go to a tuner and dyno tune. The AP is kinda cool, but I hate hearing that attitude that you MUST HAVE the AP to do ANYTHING. Start reading, start datalogging, and start visiting some opensource forums (openecu.org, XPT Tuning, Scoobypedia, ecuflash, and enginuity) and begin learning for youself. Even if you don't tune, datalogging for $80 with ecuexplorer or enginuity is fun and pretty amazing by itself.

This is what I am hoping Sean at Rallitek will do for me at some point, just to get a base tune until I can either get an Accessport, or get a custom Dyno tune. It doesn't take much to load a standard Stage II map onto your ECU.

There are ways to tune without the AP. You can do it without the AP, and leave alot of power on the table. You can also tune with open source tuning and a tactrix cable. Start with small adjustments and be sure to datalog. Or you can go to a tuner and dyno tune. The AP is kinda cool, but I hate hearing that attitude that you MUST HAVE the AP to do ANYTHING. Start reading, start datalogging, and start visiting some opensource forums (openecu.org, XPT Tuning, Scoobypedia, ecuflash, and enginuity) and begin learning for youself. Even if you don't tune, datalogging for $80 with ecuexplorer or enginuity is fun and pretty amazing by itself.

you can't tune a 07 with these methods! the only option right now is the utec delta, which doesn't adjust avcs. i've been running cobb tbe(cat-less), avo tmic, pulley, and a header for 2500 miles w/o a cel. i used the 02 extender from rallitek. the car will run real rich, which hurts performance, but is safe.

Archived