LegacyGT.com

P0026 Code, HELP!

Hey guys,

I have a 2005 Outback 3.0R sedan (H6 engine) that keeps throwing the P0026 code (Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1) and the rpms won't go above 4500. I have searched the web for answers on how to fix this, but have not been able to get it resolved yet. I've changed the oil and filter and know that it is at the proper level, and replaced both the intake valve solenoid and oil pressure control switch (both Subaru OEM parts). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

did you try unplugging the battery and letting the computer reset? maybe it's still throwing the old code. I would unplug the battery for 15-20 minutes then hook it back up and drive around for a bit. See if that helps any.

I have a OBD II code reader, and keep clearing the code with that. Would disconnecting the battery work any differently than erasing the code with the code reader? I have replaced the sensor and sending unit and am still getting the code on and off. I am about ready to drive the car off a cliff.

Archived