LegacyGT.com

Sti Hood Scoop Mod.

G3nX09

Hey has anyone every put a STI hood Scoop a legacy for more of an aggressive look? I currently Picked one up the other day a Silver STi hood scoop and a Forest hood scoop for 50 bucks for both. Along with rear brembo for 40 dollars.

Im currently going to attempt to fab the StI hood scoop on my car. If any one has done this can some one please post up some pictures. I will do so once i start the Project.

IMG_1299.thumb.jpg.11b5549c81c9e013a1adc702fdb08252.jpg

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just know, there are people that are going troll on this thread and some are not going to be nice

IMO the 'tack' on scoop I do not like but... the newer ones that are molded to the hood I like. cut and replace with the one I like, then we'll see how it comes out. It is hard to tell w/out pics

we all want pics before idears:)

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

yes im ready lol... It like going into war. but that hot things are done. Who know what it will look like until one does it first right? i the STi Scoop is just aggressive and it think it would give it a lot meaner look.

Your hoodscoop has a duct so that the air coming in gets directed through the intercooler, it's designed around the hole in the hood. Just wondering if you were going to redo that duct after cutting the new scoop in?

yes but what scoop did you see because a scoop can be very well ugly indeed, but the st hood scoop has a very nice aggressive look to it. It not just any other ugly after market scoop that going on a car.

Are you just laughing or did you read #6 in the first link I sent you?

Topic #6

Acronyms and Slang:

Often times while searching you find that members will use slang and acronyms. Here is a list of acronyms that you may find on the forum and their meanings:

Basic Terminology & Acronyms

4EAT – Four Speed Electronic Automatic Transmission

5MT – Five Speed Manual Transmission

5EAT – Five Speed Electronic Automatic Transmission (includes Sportshift)

6MT – Six Speed Manual Transmission

ABS – Anti-lock Braking System

AT – Automatic Transmission

ATF – Automatic Transmission Fluid

AutoX – Autocross

AVCS – Active Valve Control Sysem

AVLS – Active Valve Lift System

AWD – All Wheel Drive

BHP – Brake HorsePower (measured BEFORE transmission)

BOV – Blow Off Valve

CAI – Cold Air Intake

Cat – Catalytic Convertor

CEL – Check Engine Light

etc

Archived