LegacyGT.com

STi Trunk Lip Spoiler Installation(w/pics)

I purchased the STi Trunk Lip Spoiler from kingofimports.com. Here is what i recieved. Obsidion Black spoiler, 4 nuts, 2 plastic nub things, 1 zip ties, 1 black sticker(for existing 3rd brake light), paper template(japanese), and installation iinstructions(japanese)

1.jpg.71f06d6f730970913e5d1b7e6077847e.jpg

This paper template had to be positioned perfectly so that spoiler would be straight. Unfortunatly all measurement details were in japanese, the only number that i had to work will was 200MM, which i'm assuming is supposed to be the distance from the edge of the trunk. That would be easy except for the fact that there was no straight edge or line to reference by.

41.jpg.c41e5dee36f355fb5f8f10a9fc5db1b2.jpg

This was followed by stepping up the bit size until i could easily mock-fit the spoiler on the trunk. Holes were drilled for the 4 bolts, 2 plastic nubs, and brake wiring.(The plastic nubs were later removed and the holes were filled from the inside with plummers putty).

71.jpg.f322fb26c20cca215446f1b88e6e401a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='red beast']did you put primer around the new holes so they won't rust?[/QUOTE] nope... but i did use plumbers putty on each hole. Aslong as it keeps it watertight, there should be no rust. [quote name='meier motor sports']u have some balls[/QUOTE] yes...i indeed have balls

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived