LegacyGT.com

At wit's end...:(

So I've been having more and more problems with 2.5GT, car sputtering at low RPMs, killing after letting off the accelerator, really terrible acceleration..

I changed the dirty fuel filter and pump...still giving problems so I bring it to a mechanic..

Who changes the spark plugs, finds out one of the ignition coils is bad, which fouled the plug in cylinder 2.

Reason being is that the hertz on the coil is spiking up and down, low is around 7000, highest is up to 13000.

After changing that he reverse flows the fuel lines to clean out any junk from the injectors, then checks for vacuum leaks after noticing the wastegate wasn't functioning like it should.

After all that he says to bring it to the dealer cause it would just be guess work if he continued to work on it.

What else can I try before bringing it to Subaru?

• Mega Users
Not in this town lol..

There's only two shops and I don't very much like mechanics who smoke around open engine bays..

I hate to break it to you but you are a part of your car's demise. You need to bring it to a qualified Subaru mechanic, that is independent. Do what it takes to get it there.

I drive an hour and a half to mine each way.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Alright, first it was a misfire on cylinder 2, then a fuel temperature sensor high input, after changing the filter and pump it threw misfires on cylinders 2 & 4.

Mods are highflow intake, turbo back exhaust, and stage 2 tune.

With 99000 miles.

Who tuned your car? You should be able to get input from the tuner via the tools used to tune the car. Learning View can shed a lot of light on issues as well as data logging. If you are "stage 2" then this should be a given. Your mechanic focused on fuel and spark - pretty common places to start troubleshooting for any combustion engine, and he ran out of ideas. That's when you should rely on your tuner to help narrow the scope of troubleshooting if you don't have someone knowledgable with modified turbo Subaru engines at your disposal.

If it were me the first thing I'd do is inspect the MAF sensor and clean it with some CRC MAF cleaner, and get some logs/LV recorded and send to your tuner. If you bought this car as is and don't know a tuner - get to know a reputable one (there are several that can do this remotely on these forums) ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

best solution is buy used OEM TMIC and BP kit under $150.00

or find used AVO or PERRIN for $350-$500

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Archived