LegacyGT.com

High boost?

I had recently done an INVIDIA turboback exhaust and used the cobb tuner accessport "stage 2" map. The map requires at least a highflow cat downpipe and 93/94 octane. I used the boost gauge in the tuner and one of the readings came out kinda high in my opinion. 21psi and the map was set for (i think) 17 psi... Is 21 psi a bit to high for the stock motor?

ive yet to overboost at sealevel/bay level. im catless in up/dp, spt intake and cobbstg2mt93v300 tune. (file is something along those lines)

is the cobb ap and files up to date?

i used the tune you mentioned but i have a highflow catted downpipe. and i connect my AP to my computer weekly to check for updates and look around to see if someone tuned there car with the same installs I have.

honestly beats me. could very be a tune issu. but imo a catted pipe vs a catless pipe (hp/power etc aside) would give more backpressure than a catless pipe, and thus less likely to spike i would think, granted downpipe being open bellmouth or like oe or divorced etc may play a significant role i would say. any chance a bad wg or bcs?

• 3 months later...

not to necro this but I'm seeing the same thing after going stage 2 OTS tune (Cobb) post installing my Invidia catless dp. reference is here:

https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtuningweb/site/maps/subaru/map_notes/SUBA_US_LGT_07-09.pdf

for my Spec B the the boost target is 16.7psi +/- 0.8psi on 93 octane (if I read that right), and on your 5EAT it's 17.0psi +/- 0.8 psi. there is a lower wastegate duty cycle version with each map, something to try if you are overboosting, and I'm thinking about loading that. I'm seeing boost at 18.3psi.

Archived