LegacyGT.com

2011 wrx hatch as a replacement for 05 lgt wagon

Well the time has come for a replacement second car. I want to buy new, and no one builds a wagon worth a damn compared to the lgt wagon. The closest thing I can find with similar power a stick awd and similar size is the new wrx. It's ugly as sin. It also looks "boy racer". I suppose I can get by the looks....... maybe...Is there anyway to DE-rice the factory riced car? It's got the same frame as the lgt a stick and a couple of more ponies. It's also only 25k which is nice. But damn Subaru for killing the lgt. I want something slightly more upscale without the boy racer look. I have a family damn it. Is this the closest thing to an lgt wagon or am I missing something?

Furthermore am I the only person in this boat?

Look around for a '10 leftover. Except for the wider wheels the '11 isn't really any better than the '10 and it'll be less of a cop magnet.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Look around for a '10 leftover. Except for the wider wheels the '11 isn't really any better than the '10 and it'll be less of a cop magnet.

I did. In fact I spent all day doing just that. However, I can't find one ANYWHERE. I may just be inept with the interwebs but I cannot for the life of me find one anywhere.

The WRX hatch is a nice car (I had an '09 WRX hatch and came back to an LGT wagon), but if you're looking for upscale, don't buy it. The quality of interior parts is nowhere near the level of the Legacy. Now, if you can look past that, and are looking for something that is a blast to drive, and handles incredibly well right out of the box, then the WRX is a good car. It's also a quite a bit smaller than an LGT wagon.

You're not talking about that god awful "Crosstour" abomination are you?

No, only us Americans are saddled with that rolling abortion. The rest of the world gets a proper Accord wagon based on the TSX. Not only that, they get the option of diesels and manual transmission.

Even uglier than the wrx, that has a face only a mother could love. Aside from that...

"Sadly, the TSX wagon is only available with front-wheel drive, as Acura says that it has no plans to offer its Super-Handling All-Wheel Drive system in the TSX range"

And for that kind of money the Caddy is eons better, as is the audi A4 Avante. However the A4, doesn't have fold flat rear seats and actually has less space in the trunk than the WRX hatch....WTF The Caddy is just too much dough for my blood or I would be all over it like white on rice.

why not get a euro car?

Expensive to buy, expensive to fix.

Bmw has a trash interior with painted plastic everywhere. in the hot sun out here the paint becomes soft and turns into a very interesting goop. The doorhandles have the same paint and it comes right off w/ in 20k miles and reveals the wonderful yellowish plastic underneath. The whole interior looks like it belongs in a car costing 20k less. OVERPRICED

Audi A4 Stunning good looks! low on power, nice interior, less space than a wrx in the trunk area (the rear seats don't fold flat either). No S4 wagon option, and even if there were it would be astronomically expensive. did i mention low on power for its weight? Very, very expensive.

On our shores we have

Ford flex really 35k? really? i'd take the audi if i were spending this kind of dough.

Caddy, 40k for the AWD and the 3.6 305hp. 40k did i mention that its expensive. Very expensive.

Buick regal the new one is wow, just wow. All the way around wow. no wagon yet...if they even bring it here. especially with that delicious awd turbo 4 manual shifted drivetrain I mean look at this thing! A buick really??

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/11/buick_regal_wagon_by_taglin.jpg&imgrefurl=http://jalopnik.com/5405722/lutz-hints-at-335-hp-buick-regal-gs-wagon&h=516&w=804&sz=99&tbnid=bgw7jcdz84pgeM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=143&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbuick%2Bregal%2Bwagon&hl=en&usg=__Zx2i3yswi0W-Y1ZhlBihGt8i3Bw=&sa=X&ei=kRpXTLSLIYjCsAPJo6DaAg&ved=0CC4Q9QEwAw

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0905_2010_buick_regal_drive/photo_05.html

Audi Stunning good looks! low on power, nice interior, less space than a wrx in the trunk area (the rear seats don't fold flat either). No S4 wagon option, and even if there were it would be astronomically expensive. did i mention low on power for its weight? Very, very expensive.
I have looked for a short time at the 2006-2009 A3 3.2...Just why is this 250hp (AWD standard) model so dead in the water when it comes to performance?

http://newcarsinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/2011-audi-a3-1.jpg

(...even my mom might have an issue with this face?) :D

I have looked for a short time at the 2006-2009 A3 3.2...Just why is this 250hp (AWD standard) model so dead in the water when it comes to performance?

(...even my mom might have an issue with this face?) :D

That post was meant for the A4 not A3. My thoughts on the A3 are in the post before this one (#14) The a3 is only available with a stick on the base FWD model according to Audis homepage.

Also I didn't see the 3.2 available for 2010-2011 and i'm looking for new not used.

Furthermore am I the only person in this boat?

No, I think practically every other 05 LGT wagon 5MT owner is in the same boat. I'm planning on keeping mine until it dies, but the WRX Limited 5-door is on my short list of possible replacements should I somehow manage to destroy mine.

BTW, you can still get the Volvo V50 T5 AWD R-design wagon w/ a 6MT, but it's a Haldex "faux-wheel-drive" system and the basic car has not been changed since it was introduced in 2004 as a 2005 model.

No, I think practically every other 05 LGT wagon 5MT owner is in the same boat. I'm planning on keeping mine until it dies, but the WRX Limited 5-door is on my short list of possible replacements should I somehow manage to destroy mine.

BTW, you can still get the Volvo V50 T5 AWD R-design wagon w/ a 6MT, but it's a Haldex "faux-wheel-drive" system and the basic car has not been changed since it was introduced in 2004 as a 2005 model.

I leased one of these in 05. The car was a P.O.S. At 26,000 miles the A/c inexplicably stopped working whenever you drove the car for more than an hour. No one ever figured out how to fix it. I have heard many horror stories of other people in the same boat with that car. Then they had to reflash the ECU. The dealer claimed it had something to do with the problem. In the end we gave up on it. My mother in laws s60 has been a barrel of problems for 60k miles. Ecu was replaced, turn signals work intermittently, transmission shifts wildly...all dealer serviced driven by an old woman. I think I'm done with Volvo's Furthermore, today marks the completion of the sale of Volvo from Ford to the Chinese. I refuse to buy a car owned by the Chinese. They already build everything else in the world....

My post says A4 not A3. The a3 is only available with a stick on the base FWD model.

Also I didn't see the 3.2 available for 2010-2011 and i'm looking for new not used.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/Screenshot2010-08-02at23339PM.pnghttp://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/JRanmann/Squirrel.png

Yea the A3 is nice but if you compare base WRX to the base quattro version of the wagon its a pretty steep jump.

umm...Perhaps your family might come first? In my post I was referring to another's comment on the A3 Quattro... his posting (text above) and asking as to the Audi's powerplant... Also used in many other VW parent company models, aside from the A3. Why such a poor performer?

btw: The 250hp 3.2 was discontinued for 2010 but was available six-speed automatic (or manual 6)

(i.e. think certified USED, as that Chevy wagon won't command all that much on trade?) :D

I refuse to buy a car owned by the Chinese. They already build everything else in the world....

Agreed...!

(Including that infamous, US door to door standard of days past...even Hoover vacuum cleaners are now made in China!)

id say your best bet since your comparing your next vehicle to the lgt wagon..why not either keep it or buy your "KID" wrx for now and wait for the buick regal wagon..leftlanenews has some spy shots of the thing being tested, they are speculating that the wagon, coupe and even a conv could make its way to our shores wearing the regal name...every time buddy says the dealer in town gets one in i go to check it out and they are gone..the way the sweet sedans are moving, im sure there will be more variants..personally im hoping the AWD GS for myself, just praying they build the car with AWD at least as an option for the GS...guess they are worried about cost..good luck with your purchase!

If you want a car that is like your LGT Wagon, why do you want to get rid of it?

I'm not ditching the LGT. My Jaguar Xk8 is going, the Legacy is staying. The R1 is already gone :( I LOVE the LGT and want something NEW and Similar. Actually, I want the damn new LGT wagon they aren't importing....

id say your best bet since your comparing your next vehicle to the lgt wagon..why not either keep it or buy your "KID" wrx for now and wait for the buick regal wagon..leftlanenews has some spy shots of the thing being tested, they are speculating that the wagon, coupe and even a conv could make its way to our shores wearing the regal name...every time buddy says the dealer in town gets one in i go to check it out and they are gone..the way the sweet sedans are moving, im sure there will be more variants..personally im hoping the AWD GS for myself, just praying they build the car with AWD at least as an option for the GS...guess they are worried about cost..good luck with your purchase!

I desperately want that awd GS. Gm needs to get with the program and import that thing already. They already screwed up on the G8 Wagon... Subaru needs to get with that "importing the wagon" program as well. If they did neither I, nor a lot of you guys would be in this mess.

Archived