LegacyGT.com

Dealer Recall-Flashing the ECU

EdC

I received an email from my dealer requesting I bring my car in for a factory adjustment to the ECU, This is correct coolant temperature readout.

Do you think this will affect the Cobb program installed on my ECU?

Thanks,

EdC

@OP - Having the AP installed 'locks' the ECU from further writing/modification and technically voids your warranty. In order to properly fix the issue described in the TSB, your ECU needs to be writeable so that the dealer can reflash it. As was said, uninstall/un-marry your CobbAP, get the repairs done, and then reinstall the AP afterward.

Wait what?

So you take it in to the dealer, they reflash the ECU and then you wipe it and reflash it back to Cobb's tune? Unless I am misunderstanding what I am reading, you would essentially revert the dealer's changes. If you're worried about warranty issues, then proceed as outlined above. If not, sounds like a waste of time unless again, I misunderstood what is being done.

@OP - Having the AP installed 'locks' the ECU from further writing/modification and technically voids your warranty. In order to properly fix the issue described in the TSB, your ECU needs to be writeable so that the dealer can reflash it. As was said, uninstall/un-marry your CobbAP, get the repairs done, and then reinstall the AP afterward.

Er.. since when? My dealer had no problem flashing the ECU when my AP was married to it. It did however prevent me from using the AP afterwards since the AP was still married to the ECU which it no longer recognized due to the flash.

Wait what?

So you take it in to the dealer, they reflash the ECU and then you wipe it and reflash it back to Cobb's tune? Unless I am misunderstanding what I am reading, you would essentially revert the dealer's changes. If you're worried about warranty issues, then proceed as outlined above. If not, sounds like a waste of time unless again, I misunderstood what is being done.

The dealer flash may or may not overwrite the entire ECU. It may just update the coolant temp monitoring logic or it may be an entire new flash, including the tune.

Either way, it's best to uninstall the AP (unless you have mods that would cause problems without the tune) let the dealer update, then re-flash with the AP.

The AP *should* just update the "tune" and not touch the new dealer-updated coolant monitoring logic.

Archived