LegacyGT.com

does anybody know anything about cxlighting CBE kits???

MDKSDMF

i was browsing on ebay for a cat back exhaust for my 2005 legacy gt 5mt and came across the cxlighting CBE for 248.95.. does anybody have this or has anybody seen and heard this product first hand? the fact that its soo cheap is strange to me and id love to believe there is a cat back exhaust for my legacy at this price LOL

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
any fitment issues with the ERZ sprank?

If you are referring to the ERZ Downpipe, it fits great. I posted install pictures in a previous thread. I like it so much, I bought one for my dads 2002 WRX too.

I have no personal experience with the ERZ uppipe. I have been told that it fits fine (by another member who used it). Price of an ERZ uppipe makes it very tempting. If it is built anything like the downpipe, it is a quality piece.

I hear rumor of an upcoming LGT exhaust from ERZ. I am VERY interested in trying that piece once/if it becomes available.

m spank....i notice u live in california but have u encountered any rusting? im in massachussets and deal a lot with snow and salt from the roads and ocean/beach etc. how long have u had it installed and do u like the tone?

No rusting. I have friends with the CBE in NY/NJ. Some coated the Mid-pipe.

The tone is ok. Louder than my SPT, with more rumble. Slightly more drone too, but not too bad. My wife drives the car (her D/D) and she is fine with it.

Don't see why. I have a Cobb DP and an ERZ DP. I also have a SPT CBE and a XO2 CBE. All parts fit with no issues. Never had any issues with either of the DP's to CBE's mating up. Some people try and install the XO2 midpipe backwards. Maybe that has something to do with it. My ERZ flange is exactly where the OEM one was. Took all of 45 minutes to install.

Sorry, have not heard the Magnaflow. Or if I did I was unaware.

I must be getting old, cause I don't like exhausts as loud as I used to. The XO2 is about as loud as I would go. Not too loud, not too ricey. Deep tone, with some rumble. Has a certain "drone" at speed, but nothing the stereo can't fix.

For the money I have no complaints at all. My SPT was 3 times the cost of the XO2.

Yea I'm only 21, and also grew outta that too I don't like super loud exhausts either but the magnaflow is just pure sex lol... I'm sure you have takin off you stock mufflers before and for shits n gigs, since you change your uppipes n dps every week lol well I have a muffler delete so I'm wondering what the comparsion between that and the x02 is... Don't get me wrong the muffler delete sounds great but I miss havin some mufflers in the back end and I would like to go 3"

I have the Magnaflow, 3 inch system, no resanator. Subtle at first, anything over 2500k it slowly get louder, and give a nice deep boxer rumble. Drone is not bad, but it is there. On a scale of 1-10 with a Stock DP id place it at about a 5. Louder than an SPT, but quieter than Greddy or Perrin CBE.

Now when I go stg2 with my AVO DP with custom 3 inch cat that comes in next week, on a scale of 1 to 10 its going to be up there. lol and I am sure the drone will be far louder. But for me, it's going to be great.

The AVO DP is full 3 inch, and the Maganflow is 3 inch tapering to 2.25 in the rear, but has the stock 2.5 mount in the midpipe. Ordered up an adapter kit from fred beans for my 3 inch dp, and should match up perfectly.

The X02 with the stock DP is rather tame. The DP wakes up the exhaust. Hard to compare to a delete. A delete has its own sound. No rumble, different. Mufflers change all that. If you run delets now the X02 will not be too loud. The SPT with the stock DP is a waste, lol. Can't even tell you have a cbe from inside the car.

does anybody know why the cxlighting or XO2 CBE is signifigantly cheaper than all the other kits? im not complaining...im just a little cautious but i think im gonna go with it just because i cant afford a magnaflow exhaust.

i just ordered the kit off ebay....should be at my apartment in a couple of days. any body on the east coast try weather proofing the pipes with an enamel etc?? any recomendations cause i wanna get it protected before i bolt it up. hahahahaha protected.....

I have this system in my basement at the moment. Picked up a can of flat black hi heat rustoleum and 400 grit sandpaper yesterday. Hope to paint and install this weekend. Still not sure if Id rather have clear coat or flat black. Figured black so I wont be annoyed by dirty pipes.

thats a really good idea man...im thinkin im gonna go with the black as well so i dont see the salt spots. cause i know they are coming cause i live right near the ocean. are you installing to the stock down pipe? i heard u might need different bolts than the supplied ones.

MDKSDMF lmkwhen you get you cbe if the mid pipe has a resonator in it or not...

i will definately post. i am very curious as well. if all goes well i might have to try out those ELheaders that Mspank purchased and posted about on another thread.....im soo cheap and poor but hey...i got bills to pay like rent and car ins. etc LOL

Archived