LegacyGT.com

works bell paddleshift kit for 07 legacy

Damion

ok so this might be way noob and worthy of flaming but after i drove the 09 legacy gt with the paddles i fell in love with the idea of paddles but i own an 07 and dont wanna trade it in its really grown on me so i was thinking of buy the works bell paddle shift kit and a good after market steering wheel or just buy the 09 steering assb. and try to see if i could wire it up .

just want to know what you all thought ............let the flaming began:lol:

I know that adding the factory paddle shifter has been done, I did a search on google and found a thread on a outback-forester forum. It seemed like it was just a matter of purchasing the paddle assembly, harness and connecting it to the tcu. It won't shift any quicker than it does now, but it would still add to the fun factor.

i have 08 lgt with paddleshift. one thing i dont like about it the paddles dont turn when you turn the steering wheel, so its hard to reach and press the paddles (if you turn with both hands, i suppose you can turn with one hand and keep one hand stationary)

i saw an aftermarket kit for the ones with paddles and the paddle shape is different but they turn/rotate with the steering wheel, and work with stock steering wheel. i cant find the website anymore

edit: maybe i saw the works bell kit, and wasnt paying much attention to it. but i did like how it moves with the steering wheel

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

My .02 I would spend the money first on a valve body or tranny upgrade. The stock trans shifts so slow you have time to send out for pizza between gears. Makes shifting the trans manually not very satisfying.

Archived