LegacyGT.com

"Studdering" Fix Released

Opie

Okay, well I didn't hesitate to recommend them for sales, so I now officially UNRECOMMEND Roto Subaru in Arlington Heights. Sales is good, service is sub par. I feel bad for the sales guys that are affected by their service department, but they have to realize that's part of the package and they need to clean up their act.

I'll just throw this little bonus in there. They still haven't returned my CDs after my CD changer broke. I have to keep calling them, and they keep saying that they'll call me back later in the day, but nothing.

Also, they didn't use a crush washer on my oil plug either last time they changed my oil.

If Roto does watch this board (or the distict manager), and they make it right with me, then I'll be happy to come back and tell everyone that they've done good. Until then, I'm not going back. Funny, I'm looking to buy a Mazda for the wife, and they sell Mazdas. That's too bad.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I'm Marc's neighbor and former Scooby owner/detailer friend.

He sent me this link and I've got a horrow story with Roto also.

Back in Oct of 2003, I had to get rid of my 02 WRX. I was in the market for a # of cars, and one was a used A4. I found a decent one @ Roto. Took it for a test drive, they appraised my WRX and gave me a trade in value, plus "1000 Tax Credit" and all I needed was $500 down to hold the Audi.

Cool, no biggie.

I leave the deposit, go home and continue to demod the WRX. The next day I return to complete the deal, and low and behold, the tax credit was HALF of what it was, and I've got to give them an additional 1000 to complete the deal. Well, I didn't have $1000 extra to give them, and they said we'll try some more lenders. . blah blah blah.

I tell them to forget it and that I'll just take my $500 deposit back and be on my way.

It turns out that in order for them to give me my money back 2 people have to sign off on it, and 1 of them was not in. I started getting upset and demanding my money back and that I wasn't gonna leave without my money. One guy, a sales manager or manager of some sort said that I could wait all, but I wasn't gonna get my money. I At this point, I was fumed and started swearing at the guy. He followed me outside to my car and got in my face! Talk abot service, eh!

God forbid you're not at Roto to buy a Lincoln Mercury, or god forbid you're not over the age of 50 with ton's of $ in the bank to spend on a shitty Lincoln!

It took Roto a WEEK to get me MY money back.

After that day, I've never set foot in their doors and I'll never do it again.

/rant off. . .good luck Marc! and stay away from Roto!

Come on!!!

This is ridiculous...

Subaru of America should do something in order to reprehend these guys from ROTO!!!!

Geeeezzzz...

We should write a letter or a petition to get some investigation and customer feedback in order to close those doors down... It's bad for the SUBARU name folks...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Dropped my car of today to have the "studdering" problem resolved.

One guy ahead of me dropped his car off last Monday and is still waiting.

Suppose to take about 3 days.

The service rep said that sending the ECU to SOA NJ is currently the only option.

Eventually they will be getting the gear/cartridge to fix it locally.

/t

Looks like Chicago area needs to have better SUBARU dealerships...

You definitely should address this up with SOA!!!!!!!

Ridiculous...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA:mad:

from my experience, Boston isn't in much better shape. :( Hopefully my new relationship with Planet will be different.

dR

A quick note that I dropped off my LGT 5MT this morning with Carter Subaru in Seattle. I mentioned to the tech that I'd been in before with the same complaints, and that they had considered the surging normal (as well as the obnoxious door and dash rattles and the squeaky clutch pedal) and sent me on my way. The tech (John) seemed somewhat nonplussed that anyone could have considered that normal, and when we went on a test drive, it took about 500 feet from the parking lot for him to declare that there was definitely something abnormal about it. When I asked him if other cars had come in for the same problem, he said no; naturally, he had also not heard of the ECU update that addressed it. I showed him all of the info Opie had given, and not only did he NOT give me the standard 'OMG INTARWEB SI TEH BAD!!1' talk, but he actually thanked me for bringing it in. They set me up with a nice Outback 2.5 XT as a loaner, and I was in and out of there within an hour.

Two hours later, the service manager called me here at work to inform me that my ECU was on its way to SOA-NJ, and that I should have my car back by Thursday. When I told them of the importance of having my car back by no later than Friday morning due to my impending road trip to central Oregon, she assured me that the car would be ready to pick up by Friday morning, and if it wasn't, that she would authorize me to take the OBXT wherever I needed.

As mediocre as my first service trip to Carter was, this second one was absolutely exemplary. Needless to say, the service you recieve is highly dependent on the people you end up talking to. If you're in the Seattle area and need this reflash, John at Carter is now 'in the know'. :)

from my experience, Boston isn't in much better shape. :( Hopefully my new relationship with Planet will be different.

dR

Weird cause I have heard awesome reviews from Natick Subaru (where I bought mine) and Planet Subaru in NH... ;-)

So we should be all set, I hope.. hehehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Weird cause I have heard awesome reviews from Natick Subaru (where I bought mine) and Planet Subaru in NH... ;-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

The delearships are always fabulous when you buy from them, its the post-sale service that sucks...

Looks like Chicago area needs to have better SUBARU dealerships...

You definitely should address this up with SOA!!!!!!!

Ridiculous...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA:mad:

I plan on it. I'm also looking forward to my post-service survey call that I always get. That poor person that calls me is going to get unloaded on. :lol:

I have heard from them on NASIOC, not because I bought from them, have never used their service so I can't say for sure, just what I have read in the forums...

Just a quick note, we should do the same, rank the dealerships among us, like the Impreza club does...

:-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

i had a great purchasing experience at natick.

the following service dept interaction was AWFUL. worst i've ever seen, and borderline fraudulant.

Cityside has been pretty good though. they just moved to a nice new location too.

dR

i had a great purchasing experience at natick.

the following service dept interaction was AWFUL. worst i've ever seen, and borderline fraudulant.

Cityside has been pretty good though. they just moved to a nice new location too.

dR

Really???????? What happened man???? Please tell me, cause I am right in between Cityside and Natick, and i was debating where to take my car to her first oil change... Still brand new though, so no worries, but down the road it's always good to know where to take her to...

Please please tell us what happened....

Tx

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Sorry to butt in...... but Cityside IS THE WORST. The Service Dept is the worst and they are lazy MF'ers. Just my opionion.

The best dealer on the other hand is Village in Acton. Good attention, nice place and they are very willing to do warranty jobs.

Do a search for clutch stink on here. Cityside was able to diagnose the problem 2x, but wouldn't pull the clutch w/o SOA saying so. Village recognised the problem and fixed it immediately.

Just saw this thread and thought I'd re-post what I put in the non-sticky thread....

I spoke to my Subaru District Service Operations Manager in mid-June. He test drove the car, and confirmed that this is "surging" and that it is the same phenomena that can be found on all 05 LGT 5M's. He initially said that there was nothing that he could do because it was "normal" meaning that the car was running as it was designed, albeit shitty. The issue is that the car is running lean at that point to meet emissions standards. He said that the '06 models would have the same engine hardware, but a different ECU map which gives more horsepower, but he couldn't be sure when that ECU map would be available, or if they would be able to use it on an '05. While I was in the process of telling my dealer that they could take the car back, I got a call from the Ops Mgr who said that Subaru would have a fix at the end of June. Since I really want to keep the car, I decided to see what would happen. He didn't call like he said he would, but I called early this month and learned that the ECU flash was available. I took the car in last week to have the work done, but the problem is not fixed!!!! They did change something in the map, because the stuttering/surging isn't as bad, but it's not fixed. I took the service writer for a test drive, and he said it was turbo lag. I won't go there. So the next step is to let the tuner at my local dealer take it for a spin with his PC attached and see what he can tell me.

This is complete BS. I can't believe that Subaru is treating customers like this! I'm a young guy who's spend a lot of money on a car, and will be buying many more cars before I take the eternal celestial dirt nap. They claim that they're trying to build their customer base back, but this isn't helping.

Just saw this thread and thought I'd re-post what I put in the non-sticky thread....

[/size][/font]

hey bigben, where did you buy your leg? im in georgia too.

i mentioned it last time i was at my local dealer... they told me it was the fuel filter subaru uses...

wow.

Wow, fuel filter?!?! That's a new one. What a bunch of incompetent bafoons.

I bought at Classic Subaru in Roswell, but wouldn't recommend them. 'Course I can't really recommend anybody else at this point, since the Duluth dealer his given me a similar run-around.

I had my 7500 mile service on Saturday. While I was there I asked about the reflash. Amazingly they knew what I was talking about. However, they said there were only a certain amount affected. They said if Subaru was going to fix it I would receive a letter. I can save them the time because I know it is there. Has anyone else heard this or does it affect all gt's?

It's ok to be incompetent, it's fraudulent to make shit up because you don't know what it is... I just need to get rid of my fuel filter and my torque.

I'd go for the torque first. See if that takes care of the problem. You don't want to run without a fuel filter unless you really have to.