LegacyGT.com

2009 Tribeca

legacy4me

I have a 06 Legacy. I loved the car, but lately i've really been wanting HID's and Navigation. Would also like it if my car had fold down rear seats, could use the extra room. I used to have a truck and would like to be higher up on the road too.

Anybody have an idea of when the 09 Tribeca's will be out? I hope they have HID's as an option. I don't think I could get an outback, im too young for one I feel. Foresters would be ok, but I really like the interior of Tribeca's and Legacy's better, and Foresters dont have HID's.

Currently I have aftermarket HID's installed, but they just arent the same as stock ones.

I imagine we will see them in out in July or August.

I can only speculate that SOA will add some goodies to get these out of the dealers and into the hands of drivers, but with their anti HID history I don't see that becoming an option. But who knows, they might come to their senses and realize that this feature could sell cars.

If you can wait, I reccomend that you hold out for a direct injected version of the 3.6L engine since DI is supposedly coming and this vehicle could definately use a hike in fuel economy.

my dads 08 has HIDs

Hopefully the 09's will get HID's for us in the states. I would definitely think about trading in my legacy for a Tribeca, I would love to have more room.

Anybody know when the Tribeca will get a makeover? 3 years or so probably..right?

Hopefully the 09's will get HID's for us in the states. I would definitely think about trading in my legacy for a Tribeca, I would love to have more room.

Anybody know when the Tribeca will get a makeover? 3 years or so probably..right?

I wouldn't count on HIDs, but stranger things have happened.

We should see the 2nd gen Tribeca in 2010 as a 2011 since 2010 will be the 5th year for the 1st gen and they hit the USDM in 2005 as a 2006 model.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Guest heightsgtltd

Really? Aren't Tribecas built on the same line for US and for CA? If so, SOA is building Tribecas for the US without them, and those for CA with them?

:lol:

SOA wonders why they are doing so badly :spin:

Guest heightsgtltd

Wow..

I love that SOA is building cars for other markets here in the US with desirable options (e.g. HID, wagon for GT) and isn't offering them here.

Hi SOA :wavey: Americans definitely don't want HIDs :lol:

STi has HID

Made in Japan. The point is that products mfgr'd in the U.S., for other markets, have features that we cannot get from the factory on our Subarus. CIP: HIDs. :spin:

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

whats lame is that Subaru sells more cars in the US than in Canada. I do like the refreshed look of the Tribeca compared to the original. I think SOA should make HID's optional. C'mon Mazda offers it as an option on the MZ3....which is cheaper than a LGT etc..

Guest heightsgtltd

Yeah I am still scratching my head at this one...not to mention, there must be empirical findings that show that HIDs are one of the things that people associate with the market that Subaru is going for..

Check out the Tribeca competitors, most have HIDs as standard or optional

it should be an option. Even nissan's new small SUV, rogue i think, has optional HID's. This car is like 10K less than a full loaded Tribeca. Sure some peopel dont want HID's, but for those who do, it shoudl be an option. Not only do they offer better output etc..but they also are part of what "luxury" cars have, I think that the Tribeca is going for the luxury car feel, ex: navigation, back up camera / sensors, unique cock pit and leather seating.

We have the HID as standard equipment, but a Base Tribeca cost 42000$ before taxes in canada... Is is almost 10K more that in the US... It should be possible to buy the HID headlamp kit in Canada and install it on a US model. Ok,it may cost a couple thousand $, but still, the US Tribaca will remain cheaper.

Why are you guys pissing and moaning about the Canadian Tribeca having HID's and the US doesn't. I agree it should be an option... but the Canadian currency and American currency is 1 to 1 these days... which means the Canadian Tribeca is $10,000 more than the US Tribeca. $10,000 for Standard HIDs? no thank you. And I have to say... going from aftermarket HIDs in the WRX to the standard ones in the STI... the ones in the STI don't illuminate as well and the infamous glare that you can see when you're facing a wall close up... guess what... it's still there on the STI... and seems to be thrown up higher as well. After seeing aftermarket and OEM back to back. I'd save a few bucks and go aftermarket everytime.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest heightsgtltd

Do you have comprehension problems? :confused:

What does the exchange rate or price of the Tribeca there have to do with two cars being built on the same line but not having the same options or standard equipments available?

Not to mention, you have no understanding of car prices in Canada. They are more than the states for all companies. You arent paying an additional 10K for HIDS on the Tribeca :lol:

Lastly, it's also about market share and perception. every one of the Tribeca competitors have these as standard or an option.

Do you have comprehension problems? :confused:

What does the exchange rate or price of the Tribeca there have to do with two cars being built on the same line but not having the same options or standard equipments available?

Not to mention, you have no understanding of car prices in Canada. They are more than the states for all companies. You arent paying an additional 10K for HIDS on the Tribeca :lol:

Lastly, it's also about market share and perception. every one of the Tribeca competitors have these as standard or an option.

I live in Oregon, There are a lot of Canadians coming down to buy cars because it's considerably cheaper. The exchange rate vs. the MSRP has EVERYTHING to do with this. The Canadian Tribeca is priced $10K higher. Of course they can slide HID's in them as standard since the profit margin is huge.

As I said... i think they should be optional... but to say every one of tribeca's competitors has them standard or optional is blatantly false.

Pilot?

Highlander (doesn't even have projectors)

Edge?

Santa Fe?

Veracruz?

more?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest heightsgtltd

Actually I think the pilot has HIDs.

Second, the ford Edge is a competitor for the Tribeca? In what universe?

The Veracruz is a competitor for the Tribeca and I will concede that it doesnt have HIDs

The Mazda CX-7 and CX-9 both have HIDs

Acura RDX, MDX both have them

I am not going to waste my time now looking for more, but many offer and it's expected in this class.

Archived