LegacyGT.com

what $50 gets you......

shtbxr22

So I didn't like the way the filaments were looking in my bulbs when I was disassembling the lights, so I ponied up the $50 for some sylvania silver star ultras. here are the results:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/star91281/0518092009.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/star91281/0518092018.jpg

After having HIDs in for 2.5 years I just ripped them out last weekend after my ignitor failed for the second time (and I have had 4 previous bulb failures). I am just sick and tired of the usual 1 headlight not turning on a quarter of the time, bulbs breaking, or an ignitors failing. Everytime I pull up behind another car or am behind someone on the freeway I am looking to make sure both headlights are on, I feel neurotic and its a stupid thing to have to think about. I know my experiences dont speak for everyone but in comparison, going stage 2 has caused me zero problems and exponential amounts of enjoyment. My HIDs have caused me worry, money, time, and trouble with police. I love the better visability, but until I do a JDM headlight swap I think its back to the OSRAM Silverstars for me too.
^ n00bs below this line

After having HIDs in for 2.5 years I just ripped them out last weekend after my ignitor failed for the second time (and I have had 4 previous bulb failures). I am just sick and tired of the usual 1 headlight not turning on a quarter of the time, bulbs breaking, or an ignitors failing. Everytime I pull up behind another car or am behind someone on the freeway I am looking to make sure both headlights are on, I feel neurotic and its a stupid thing to have to think about. I know my experiences dont speak for everyone but in comparison, going stage 2 has caused me zero problems and exponential amounts of enjoyment. My HIDs have caused me worry, money, time, and trouble with police. I love the better visability, but until I do a JDM headlight swap I think its back to the OSRAM Silverstars for me too.

What brand HID kit did you have installed? I've had McCulloch installed for over 4 and half years with no bulb or ballast problems. You've actually been pulled over for having HID's?

I am sick of Silverstars, they burn out quick and still look mad yellow, I am really happy with my 6000k heads and fogs though.

+1

Think mine burned out after 9 months, but they looked pretty white when first installed. Then i went hid and never looked back.

Yea... I keep burning out silverstars like there's no tomorrow. Finally decided that the next time one goes out its HID's for life. The $95 HID's are lookin good at 5k bulbs. :)

Save me some money in the long run rather than $25 a bulb every 6 months or less.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

I've had McCulloch installed for over 4 and half years with no bulb or ballast problems.

You're one of the few people on the internet that realize the value of buying a good brand HID kit.

$80 people? Come on. Buy something good that will last.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived