LegacyGT.com

Stage 3 stock/aftermarket intake?

DeltaNu1142

What is your stage 3 turbo & intake configuration?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your stage 3 turbo & intake configuration?

• Stage 3 (VF52) with stock intake
    • Stage 3 (other turbo) with stock intake
    • Stage 3 (VF52) with aftermarket intake
    • Stage 3 (other turbo) with aftermarket intake

I'm starting this thread because I've just bought a VF52 and a Process West TMIC, and I'm wondering if I should also consider an intake. I intend to keep this as a DD and I'm not considering fueling mods unless something fails. I'd like to hear from anyone at stage 3 who still has their stock intake, and from those that upgraded the intake after going stage 3 because the intake was restrictive (or some other reason). I'm obviously looking to make a decision before getting tuned.

I've read fahr_side's very helpful thread here in preparation.

Tits mcgee

• Moderators
agree with above. you say you don't want to replace fuel items unless they go bad, but if your stock pump goes bad because it's getting beat on it's possibly going to take your shortblock with it--leaning out at high power levels = no bueno.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

agree with above. you say you don't want to replace fuel items unless they go bad, but if your stock pump goes bad because it's getting beat on it's possibly going to take your shortblock with it--leaning out at high power levels = no bueno.

Ah, so. Infamous offers a stage 3 tune w/o fueling mods, but I don't know whether that's injectors only. In either case, I don't want to be running lean. I'll look for a pump...

typically you install mods before tuning

OOOOHHHHHHHHHH... :rolleyes:

Tits mcgee

If you've read my thread, you know the answer. Stock intake can support much higher flow than the VF-52 can manage. Fuel pump will have a hard time keeping fuel pressure up at the sort of IDC the airflow will demand, especially in the long-term.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

There's no such thing as bigger injectors on stock fuel pump :lol:

you get a better pump to maintain fuel pressure at higher psi and rpms so you don't lean out. the 52 has been shown to need this since it flows more, without it, you'll be leaving power on the table- that's for certain.

If you've read my thread, you know the answer. Stock intake can support much higher flow than the VF-52 can manage. Fuel pump will have a hard time keeping fuel pressure up at the sort of IDC the airflow will demand, especially in the long-term.

I saw that in your scenario... I wanted input from others who may have made a change for their own reasons. If the only reason is noise, I'll keep it stock.

Tits mcgee

you get a better pump to maintain fuel pressure at higher psi and rpms so you don't lean out. the 52 has been shown to need this since it flows more, without it, you'll be leaving power on the table- that's for certain.

This is helpful, thanks... the sarcasm, well, it's only benefitting you, so I hope you're achieving your desired result!

Tits mcgee

Archived