LegacyGT.com

No green diag plugs...?

So I have a CEL on my 1990 Legacy L, and I decided to figure out what it was erroring on. So I followed the OBD1 sticky on here, but couldn't find the necessary plugs. So I looked at a video on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/3GEYepYzyiY

I have been upside down for about 30min or so and still cannot find those green connectors.... getting kinda mad, because there is no sign that anything was torn out under here, or even looked at ever. Any ideas? Thanks!

"Racing is important to men who do it well. When you're racing...it's life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting." -Steve McQueen in Le Mans

also, if I do as the video and write-up say, and plug the black connectors together then go to run, my CEL just stays lit. No blinking or anything... Tried many times but no dice.

I have a constant problem of dim head lights, and my battery light coming on, then going away for a little while, then back on again. New alternator was put in this car last december (before I had the car), could the alt belt be loose/old/bad?

"Racing is important to men who do it well. When you're racing...it's life. Anything that happens before or after, it's just waiting." -Steve McQueen in Le Mans

Sorry, I couldn't open the video link, but as far as I know you don't need the green connectors.

- key off

-plug in the small single black wire connector

-turn ignition on, look for the flashing check engine light

-steady/even flashes means everything is fine.

-Look for long and short flashes.

-Long flashes are "10's" short flashes are "ones"

example- 2 long flashes and 2 short flashes would be code 22 !!

good luck!

The green connectors should be up there somewhere. It'd probably help if you took the plate off under the steering wheel. It's like 5 or 6 screws. Mine only has 3 lol

Either way though...my diagnostic cables were zip tied to some other wires up there. Who was the genius that thought that was a good idea?

Thank you guys! I'll try again later today! Oh, I have some fogs I put on the car, I'll get some pics up once we wire them in =)

The green wires in my 91 sport are right near the diagnostic clip, right above where your chin would be on the gas pedal side.

I'll trade ya.. one female end of the single black wire for the 2 green ones, haha

but seriously, i have the male end, know where the female end is supposed to be?

Archived