LegacyGT.com

I'd like to wire my fog lights so that they will be on while my high-beams are on.

That would defeat the purpose of fog lights. Fog lights, if effective, are aimed low at the road so they don't reflect in the fog. High beams are meant to look a long ways down the road and you would never use them in the fog. Keep them independent of each other if your want real fog lights.

That would defeat the purpose of fog lights. Fog lights, if effective, are aimed low at the road so they don't reflect in the fog. High beams are meant to look a long ways down the road and you would never use them in the fog. Keep them independent of each other if your want real fog lights.

I'm not talking about having them enabled ONLY on high-beams, just the option to have them on with my high-beams if possible.

My headlights are very dim. Seemingly, anyway. I like how my fog lights light up the road right in front of my car - it would be nice to have that lighting as well as my brights when needed.

I've seen a post on another forum where someone just wired their blue and yellow wire straight to ground. Supposedly that's the wire that is connected to the fog light switch. Here's the picture. I tired this and it didn't work.

Woah there young man! Before you find yourself in over your head and burn your car to the ground, it sounds like you need to get a service manual with wiring diagrams and/or give us some more info. Was this by any chance a Honda forum where you got this info?

Woah there young man! Before you find yourself in over your head and burn your car to the ground, it sounds like you need to get a service manual with wiring diagrams and/or give us some more info. Was this by any chance a Honda forum where you got this info?

Thanks for the honest chuckle. :lol: I should have came to you guys first, I know!

No, it wasn't. It was actually on /r/subaru. I'm not really feeling the vibe over there, so I figured I'd associate myself with a credible forum.. I figure the picture I posted was for a 98 (or so) legacy, not quiet the '97. I will say, that while the wire was grounded, my fogs didn't work. So it must have been the right wire - just grounding it straight-up isn't a work-around.

Do you happen to know where I could find a wiring diagram? I'd really like to wire my fog lights up so that they're independent. However, the ground method seemed like the easiest fix for what I'm actually looking for.

Do a search in this section but you probably won't find much for the 2nd gen. Your best bet is to run a new wire from an accessory power source with a fuse, to your switch, and then to relay which pull power off you battery directly to the lights. That way you circumvent the stock setup that turns the fogs off when the high beams are on.

You could use a PIAA harness like this but would have to get some pigtail connectors from www.superlumination.com to plug into your factory lights. And then just cut off the PIAA switch and connect the power and ground to your stock switch. The trigger wire for the harness could come from any accessory switched source. It will be safe because it uses a relay and your lights will turn off when you remove the key as long as you use an accessory source for the trigger power.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piaa-Light-Wiring-Harness-/271915443870?hash=item3f4f6c669e&vxp=mtr

If you can find the fog light relay...

Then, can you identify the high beam wire going to it...

If so, Disconnect the high beam wire to the fog light relay.

My car has no fog lights. I'm guessing

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

Archived