LegacyGT.com

2006 Legacy spec.B announced

Tide

It's official (thanks melayout).

SUBARU TO OFFER LIMITED EDITION 2006 LEGACY 2.5 GT spec.B MODEL

New spec.B limited to 500 numbered units

First time offered in the United States

Navigation system standard

CHERRY HILL, N.J., September 20, 2005 -- Subaru of America, Inc. has introduced the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B performance sedan and will offer just 500 of these special cars for model year 2006. Previously only offered in Japan and Europe, the U.S. version of the spec.B pairs the performance of the 250-horsepower intercooled turbo Boxer engine in the Legacy 2.5 GT Limited Sedan, with exclusive suspension enhancements along with unique design elements and interior features. The Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B, the newest offering from America’s All-Wheel Drive leader, stands as the ultimate Subaru Legacy.

The Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B is available exclusively with a 5-speed manual transmission and, like all Subaru models, features Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive as standard equipment. Like the Subaru Impreza® WRX® and WRX STI® models, the Legacy spec.B built a loyal following in Japan and Europe before coming to the United States. As it did with the WRX and WRX STI models, Subaru designed a version of the Legacy spec.B specially tailored for U.S. customers.

The Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B is quickly identified by its exclusive Titanium Silver Metallic exterior color and aerodynamic side ground-effects moldings with chrome trim. The road-hugging stance of the spec.B is further accentuated by unique 18-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels and 215/45 low profile performance tires that work with the suspension upgrades to deliver improved handling performance. (The standard 2.5 GT Limited Sedan features 17-inch alloy wheels.)

MORE THAN JUST A PRETTY FACE

The taut suspension of the Legacy 2.5 GT Limited has been thoroughly revised for even sharper response and greater road feel in the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B. The exclusive Bilstein Sport Suspension equips the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B model with performance-tuned shock absorbers for flatter cornering response.

Subaru engineers also replaced the MacPherson strut front suspension with an inverted strut configuration similar to that in the rally-bred Impreza WRX STI, including aluminum-alloy lower control arms. The multi-link rear suspension gains aluminum-alloy rear arms and upper links in place of cast-iron pieces to reduce unsprung weight (and thereby enhance handling response). Finally, the 18-inch alloy wheels are fitted with 215/45 R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer performance tires.

EXCLUSIVE spec. B INTERIOR

The striking Brick Red leather trimmed upholstery highlights the unique interior styling of the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B. The distinctive interior is further differentiated from the 2.5 GT Limited model by aluminum-alloy pedal covers, a 3-spoke MOMO® leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated audio controls, “spec.B” floor mats and an individually numbered limited-edition plaque.

The Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B further builds on the generous standard equipment of the 2.5 GT Limited Sedan, adding the new Subaru Navigation System and an upgraded audio system with MP3 capability. Standard features shared with the 2.5 GT Limited Sedan include dual-zone automatic climate control, performance-design front seats, power moonroof, an 8-way power driver’s seat and a 4-way power passenger seat (both with 4-stage heating) and heated exterior mirrors. All Legacy models for 2006 feature, as standard equipment, Subaru Advanced Frontal Air Bag System, front seat side impact air bags, active front seat head restraints and side curtain air bags.

BIG POWER, CONFIDENT CONTROL

The 2.5-liter intercooled turbo Boxer engine in the spec.B produces 250 horsepower @ 5,600 rpm and 250 lb.-ft. of peak torque @ 3,600 rpm. Putting the power down is the Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive which, when teamed with a 5-speed manual transmission as in the Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B, employs a viscous-coupling locking center differential with a 50:50 torque split. Slippage at the front or rear wheels will transfer more power to the opposite set.

A 4-wheel disc Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) is standard on all Legacy models. The 2.5 GT Limited and 2.5 GT spec.B models employ larger brake rotors than other Legacy models, with ventilated rear discs in place of solid discs.

About Subaru of America, Inc.

Subaru of America, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., the company markets and distributes Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of nearly 600 dealers across the United States. Subaru makes the best-selling All-Wheel Drive car sold in America based on R.L. Polk & Co. new vehicle retail registration statistics calendar year-end 2004. For additional information visit http://www.subaru.com.

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT spec.B

Basic Specifications

Engine 2.5-liter 4-cylinder intercooled/turbocharged Boxer

250 horsepower @ 5,600 rpm / 250 lb.-ft. of peak torque @ 3,600 rpm.

Transmission 5-speed manual

All-Wheel Drive Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive using viscous-coupling locking center differential with 50:50 torque split

Suspension 4-wheel independent, Bilstein Sport Suspension, aluminum-alloy front control arms and aluminum-alloy rear arms and upper links

Wheels and tires 18 x 7-in. aluminum-alloy wheels with 215/45 R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A summer performance tires

Brakes 4-wheel disc Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD); 12.3-in. front ventilated discs and 11.3-in. rear ventilated discs

Wheelbase 105.1 in.

Length 186.2 in.

Height 56.5 in.

Curb weight 3,400 lbs.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhh so they can manage to put the nav system in a manual transmisison car if its a spec b.. i see how it is.. ;)

Hopefully it will add some cool parts to the SOA parts catalog for us extended warranty werry types.. :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I was tempted by those new aluminum suspension parts too. Hope they can be purchased thru a Subaru dealer. Need to find out if they are "bolt-on" replacements with the same mounting geometry. Or if the new inverted front strut design on the SpecB makes them unique to it.

I was tempted by those new aluminum suspension parts too. Hope they can be purchased thru a Subaru dealer. Need to find out if they are "bolt-on" replacements with the same mounting geometry. Or if the new inverted front strut design on the SpecB makes them unique to it.

Might have to weld on some new metal and drill some new holes. I'm speculating though....

I haven't seen any pricing yet and I have emails out to a few dealers and all say the same thing. They have been alloted, they will be on the lot in 2-4 weeks, and no MSRP has been set. I haven't found out if they know what dealer invoice is yet though and most dealers only seem to be getting 1 each if at all.

I know it's supposed to be exclusive, and all, but man, this limited run crap really sucks. Just another way for dealers to make some extra cash...and mind u, u know they will! Forget about invoice...especially with 500 individually numbered cars.

I hope the dealers that get them aren't allowed to 'drive' them, etc. cause I would hate to buy an ultra-new, ultra rare car with miles on it...beyond the typical 5-8 miles on a new car. And you know how dealers are!!! 'Oh, I just HAD to see what this BABY can DO!'

I have pricing information everyone!

Subaru of Dallas has two coming at the end of October... and no, they wont be driven.

One is a no option, Titanium Silver (only color available) Spec B for $34,620 (incl. destination).

The other one we have coming is equipped with Security System Upgrade, Wheel Locks, and STi Short Thro Shifter. MSRP is 35,157.

If you are serious about purchasing one of these vehicles I recommend calling me or emailing me ASAP!!!

-Kevin Heist

Subaru of Dallas

kheist@subaruofdallas.com

469-688-2222

No market adjustment from Kevin's quote from what I see ($33,995 +$625 destination), he listed MSRP and it is the pricing I've heard from other dealers.

Will some dealers charge over MSRP, sure and thats their right. But there is no reason that if you want one right now that you can't find it for MSRP.

Kevin,

It's probably better if you start a new thread in a more visible sub-forum and have the mods sticky it.

Btw, is the price up for negotation or will it be MSRP++?

I through in exact pricing info to this thread since no one had an answer. I took the opportunity to offer my services.

Also, I highly doubt a vehicle that only 500 of which will be made will have any point of negotation. Pretty much sticker or someone else can get it. ;)

OR you can negotiate down to MSRP, if you encounter a dealer charging more than sticker... but I'm sure they will have the same mentality that someone will buy it for what they ask ;)

Archived