LegacyGT.com

Do Axel Backs Exist??

User Name

Looking for some extra sound out of my LGT. Currently have the STi Up-pipe and a catless down pipe, married to the stock Catback. Needless to say, it's very quiet. I'd like a little more sound, but I'm worried a full CBE would be way too loud.

Does anyone make direct-fit mufflers? I'm sure it wouldn't sound half bad with just removing the OEM mufflers either. Tell me your opinions people!

Thanks

Perrin mufflers fit oem midpipe.

You can have aftermarket mufflers fabbed to fit the car. There isn't anything intricate about the factory configuration.

Or follow the posted link.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Has anyone just unbolted the stock mufflers? I'd hate to pay $300 for something I could do with a wrench.

Unsubbed

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Do the hogsuast or whatever they call it. I think on long trips it might put your passengers to sleep too!

^ stop that right now!

Next are you going to tell him to cut his coil springs or just heat them up with a torch to lower it?

Nameless has great axle backs for the 4th gen.....they are currently making them for the 5th gens also

^ this, I'm partial b/c he's in WA, but he does nice work and sounds good too.

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

Perrin mufflers fit oem midpipe.

Also look at various JDM options for the BL (or BP, if you've got a wagon or don't mind shortening the tips for a sedan conversion). Many of these are axle-back options.

Back in the day, these included the Blitz Nur Spec and Nur Spec Touring canisters as well as the STi Genome canisters, just as two very quick examples.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived