LegacyGT.com

Suspension clunking...

TPLGT

A few weeks ago I had a set of Bilstein Rev A Spec Bs installed on my 06 along with a set of Swifts.

The week after I had a new set of Cobb Sways installed as well. Great setup, btw!

Anyway, I have noticed there is a 'clunking' noise coming from the driver's side front wheel area. I could hear this BEFORE the sways were installed but it seems to me more pronounced now. I only hear the clunking when I go over a speed bump or turning slowly out of a driveway or parking lot where the car is not on level ground.

I am thinking that maybe the srping is not oriented properly on the strut? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Rehab is for quitters.

My Cobb Heat shield was hitting my tranny case...making all kinds of racket! THAT drove me insane. I will end up taking the car to my dealer...they're very cool...I am sure it will get worked out. Will post ASAP.....
Rehab is for quitters.

A "cool" dealer?!?!?! You are lucky lol

Yep. Have always taken my car there for oil changes, service, etc... and we have seemed to hit it off. They installed my sways for LESS than they quoted me....go figure...

Rehab is for quitters.

I too have this clunk. However I feel it is a blown strut. I am still on my stock springs/Bilstein. I am having them check it all out while I get my oil line checked under warranty. I have JDM pinks i picked up yesterday that will be installed if I need my struts replaced.

I get a clunk on occasion, but I feel it a bit through the wheel, so I suspect it may be related to the stiffer steering column bushings, or perhaps the whiteline front lower control arm bushings. It doesn't happen in normal driving, only slow driving over large bumps, usually only with some steering input. I stopped worrying about it for now. Nothing appears to be broken.

Warren

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you posted...the clunking has gotten much worse...clunks all the time not just on uneven ground. Am thinking it's either the front sway (Cobb bars) endlink...just installed the bars, BTW the orientation of the spring on the strut or something else...

I am bringing the car to the dealer today...will let you know.

Rehab is for quitters.

I had a very similar problem within 2 days of installing my pinks on USDM bilsteins. I checked a few things out and the nut holding the whole assembly together was very loose on the passenger side. Obviously this was a very easy fix. The progressively worsening clunk was gone after I tightened it up.

NOW.... I have a squeak or some kind of "compress" or "decompress" sound from the rear over some bumps, or when turning with some speed. Noise is coming from driver side rear (not drivers rear ;)) I checked everything to make sure all is tight: it is. Any ideas?

Archived