LegacyGT.com

Who's SpecB was this? (Not a spotted)

mwiener2

I've got a SpecB in my shop. It was highly modified and an attempt to return it to stock was made. It's pretty obvious this car had a front mount intercooler on it at some point along with alot of other stuff.

My problem is that it runs like crap and I've been hired to fix that.... but I can't get into the ecu. It's either got an AP tune or an ECUTek tune on it.

It's an 08 SpecB. Last 4 of the VIN are 1682. It has a yellow Duralast battery. It also has a oil change sticker from Oil Can Henry's in Longmont with a "next service due" date of 11/2009

Who's is it and what engine management system did you leave on it?

Please PM me as I don't want to violate any confidentiality stuff with my current customer.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

That's it. Thanks Legend.

My friend Michelle has been casually looking into LGT's for a year or two. That one went up for sale last summer/fall. I talked to Pegleg, who is a really good guy. I bought the original VF46 off that car from him but never used it and sold it. Anyhow, the more I found out about the car the more I was.... well... not recommending it to my friend. So, I'm with ya!

She bought enthusiast's car last weekend

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• 1 month later...
It certainly seems that it was mine. I noticed that it popped up at a used car dealer off I-25 recently and saw what I believe was the fmic on craigslist shortly thereafter. I was always forthright about the problems this car had when I owned it and was trying to sell it, I ended up removing the ap/turboback/catch can/boost gauge and trading it in on a Venza in December of 09. I'm sorry I missed your post but I dont peruse this forum much anymore. I would have been happy to help had I seen your post earlier. I never did anything shady with the car and if in fact something was replaced on the motor it was done somewhere along the 7 month chain after I traded it in to the Toyota dealer. Not that it matters much at this point but it bothers me if that perception was out there.

^^ No negative perception in my mind at all! I watched with interest as you tried to sell it and you were very forthright about the issues the car was having... I believe it was thought to be injectors at one time... if I recall you had tried to get it taken care of but a shop was unable to resolve the issue. You divulged all of this. Nothing shady at all. As for my perception, my unedited post above calls you a "really good guy". I still believe that.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I am considering purchasing this car, it is at The Sharpest Rides.

Car looks very clean, but I noticed your posts from while back.

Could you give me some info as to what was wrong and how it was handled?

I plan to ask for warranty as part of packaged deal.

Please let me know.

My number is 720-338-1510, feel free to contact me.

I would greatly appreciate any input.

Thank you!

Sean.

Archived