LegacyGT.com

Spec.B Spring and Brake Upgrade ??

jeguzik

What is a good spring to go with the Spec.b setup. I am looking for a little less body roll, but not losing to much in terms of comfort. What is the best value in the market.

Also, what is a good upgrade to the rotors and pads for better brake performance. Once the OEM stuff is shot I would like to upgrade?

Jeguzik,

If I'm reading into your post right, you are not that aggressive of a driver and are looking for a minor upgrade.

For you, Cobb or Whiteline swaybars both front and rear, Bobcat or HPS pads and you will be pleasantly surprised. This will allow you to keep all of the comfort you have now without any loss while reducing the floatiness (SP) of the OEM suspension.

Now every step up from there improves on the handling and unlike many cars out there doesn't really add all that much NVH. Go test drive a new/used BMW M3. The additional harshness compared to the LGT is exactly what you'll expect when going to something like a Tarmac I coilover (on full soft). Doing so really raises the bar on overall grip and feedback.

It all depends on how far you would like to go and how you use/drive your car.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Jeguzik,

If I'm reading into your post right, you are not that aggressive of a driver and are looking for a minor upgrade.

For you, Cobb or Whiteline swaybars both front and rear, Bobcat or HPS pads and you will be pleasantly surprised. This will allow you to keep all of the comfort you have now without any loss while reducing the floatiness (SP) of the OEM suspension.

Now every step up from there improves on the handling and unlike many cars out there doesn't really add all that much NVH. Go test drive a new/used BMW M3. The additional harshness compared to the LGT is exactly what you'll expect when going to something like a Tarmac I coilover (on full soft). Doing so really raises the bar on overall grip and feedback.

It all depends on how far you would like to go and how you use/drive your car.

I will never track my car, but I would like to tighten down the handling a bit. I am looking for a little more like an M3 handling, comfortable, but sporting. Right now I am just comfortable, there is just to much front to rear dip under accelleration and braking, and toooo much roll into the corners. She handles, but not as well as I would like.

Thanks,

J

Archived