LegacyGT.com

I need more power!!

Can anyone out there help me get my stock 2007 Legacy 2.5i Special Edition up to roughly 200+ hp?? I couldnt afford to buy the already turbocharged version, so i'm hoping to put some aftermarket accessories into the engine to atleast get to 200 hp if not more.

......WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!.......

I doubt the 'standard' intake, headers, and exhaust bolt ons are good for 25 HP but I bet it would get you close.

[edit]

I guess I should add... the chances if you actually finding legacy 2.5i specific parts to do this are going to be, shall we say... "tricky"

I know you don't want to hear it, but sell the 07 and buy a used 05 GT. I got mine with 14,000mi for only $17,000. You will spend way to much money on fabricating 2.5i parts.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Guest subiecity
ull nvr get to 200 crank HP, my suggestion to get close would be, lighter battery, carbon fiber hood, go spoilerless for less weight and lighter rims/tires, remove spare tires from rear, bilstein suspension lighter parts i belive dont quote me on that.......underdriven pulleys, custom aluminum intake with knn filter, probably gotta keep stock headers, do a catback exuast maybe 2.25 inches goodluck thatll get u close to 200 crank but nothing more...theres no cams out so forget abouttt it

Guest subiecity
yes of course and theres another company runnin over 300 crank hp on a NA rs....it of course is possible, but again i kn ofor a fact they spent a boatload on it, if u want to increase fuel rails, after market custom intake, custom make the ecu, bugger throttle body, again all the lightweigh componetnts, clutch, wheels seats, carbon fiber hood/trunk...it can be done, but for the normal person, doin the work themselves,....its pretty damn hard...and the parts that are available for the 2.5i as of right now...it cant be done...ur gonna need to upgrade the cams at least to get that good, and what im saying is everything is custom made...ona realistic point of viewm they probably easily spent about 10k on parts and did the work themselves....again the parts available as of right now for our 2.5i it would be very hard to reach 200 crank HP...if it was possible i woulda done it by now trus me

my suggestion to get close would be, lighter battery, carbon fiber hood, go spoilerless for less weight and lighter rims/tires, remove spare tires from rear, bilstein suspension lighter

Guaranteed to get you more horsepower...LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Scotty, I need more Power!"

"Captain I'm given here all she's got! Aye, if I give her anymore she's gonna blow!"

"Then let her blow!"

Under his breath -> "Bloody bastard should have got the Enterprise GT"

Guest subiecity

Guaranteed to get you more horsepower...LOL
:lol:

whats so funyy? by lightening the car, u would help the car accelerate better..thus having a better power to weight ratio...........................

Guest subiecity

No you wouldn't.

Making the car lighter doesn't change WHP at all. It just changes lb/hp

so then tell me.....what HP would u get????????????? its techniacally wheel hp cuz now ur car is lighter, thus beeing able to accel faster u dont get any more ho off the crank but u free up more to the wheels

Any horsepower gained from weight savings in a daily driver car that you are not going to completely strip down (no radio, no center console, etc) would be amazingly minimal! It will make you quicker, but mainly serves to improve the power to weight ratio, not to increase power.

Technically I believe you would get some HP gain at the wheels since the power train will be facing less resistance, but you'd be a fool to try to get more horsepower by reducing weight, especially in a daily driven street car.

Guest subiecity
of course but for a 2.5i with stock cams tryna get 200 crank HP, everything and anything counts for adding HP

easyest way to crank out 200hp and over is to turbo your car. The SOHC motor doesnt have many upgrades that you can just purchase and throw on. If you seriously wanna get 200hp your gonna need to basicly do it all yourself and its gonna coast u more money than its worth. Im gonna have to say this time that you should have probaly went with the GT.

Archived