LegacyGT.com

"Yeah it's got the Porsche Boxer engine right?"

I'd just say "What's the matter with you? Are you blind? This is a Porsche Boxer. The Boxter is the one you are probably most familiar with, but this is the racing version. It's rarely seen off the track."

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

lol thats evil. u mite as well tell them it was made in the same factory as the Carrera GT :icon_bigg

no, evil is saying something like "this is the same car they used for Grand Touring racing in Europe that goes against the Audis, BMWs, and MG.. this car makes over 500 hp in Europe, but they had to lower the horsepower for the US market because not everyone in the US knows how to drive a race car. People say it's one of the fastest 4-door cars in the world next to a M3 and M5 Race car"

OR:

"yea, Porsche made it because their 6-cylinders were too powerful for race use, so they change the race rules and were only allowed to make 4-cylinder versions instead.. but the race rules didnt say anything about the turbo ;) "

OR:

"Subaru teammed up with Porsche, so now you have German Power and Control with Japanese Reliability and Styling all in one car, you dont see American car companies teamming up with Japanese do you? Or German with Americans? ;) "

OR:

the one that applies to my car only-

"Yes, but I have the special Porsche race motor designed for endurance racing.. it's one of the same motors they used for 24-hour racing.. you know, 24 hours of hard driving non-stop, I dont even need an oil change until 50,000 miles of normal driving"

Keefe

^ Those are just too complicated and take too long to explain. If they think its the same engine as a Porsche, then they surely wouldnt understand the complexity of those statements... :p LOL

Oh, you want to hear something like

"yea, it makes only 400 hp, the one Porsche sells makes 500 to 600 hp"

Keefe

During World War 2, Borgward's plant became an armaments factory and Carl Borgward returned to what was left of his factories in 1948. He decided that the best way of increasing his raw materials allocation was to have three different car companies and therefore three times the amount of raw materials! The companies were Goliath, Lloyd and Borgward Hansa. This was a great idea but in practice having three entirely separate engineering, styling and sales departments was rather costly and in one instance it resulted in Lloyd managing to develop a new 900cc flat four water-cooled engine, when Goliath already had something similar! Subaru actually used the Lloyd powerplant as a prototype for its boxer engines in Japan.

http://www.btinternet.com/~borgwarduk/brief_history_marques.htm

Oh and of course if you're really bored:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_engine

They actually make a supercharged WRX plane engine for light aircraft. It has the dual solinoid coils, ect for FAA regulation flying and all... My dad is actually going to buy a vans RV kit plane and put that engine in it... Its freakin awesome.
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Archived