LegacyGT.com

Rich in the city

I have a 05 stg 2 lgt. infamous tuned, have never had any problems untill now. Its really odd. Just moved down to the beach from the mountains a couple weeks ago, and now most of my daily driving im lucky to get into third gear. I just go back and forth to school. all on back streets. The last few days ive noticed that my car is running incredibly rich. anything past 1/8 throttle my wideband guage drops down to 10 and runs horrible. does it in every gear. But once i get on the fwy and do a few miles it runs fine again. at least for a little while. I really dont think its the tune because ive never had an issue in 2 years with it. No new maintenance or odd changes to the car. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

Does the temperature gauge read normal once has been running a while? I.e. half way between C and H?

If the gauge is stuck on C, the temp sensor connector may need a cleaning or may be bad. The ECM thinks the engine is cold and provides rich mixture when in fact the engine is warm. Otherwise a bad fuel pressure regulator could be feeding high pressure to the injectors and you end up running rich as well. These are 2 possibilities but other problems could cause the same thing.

Has the check engine light turned on at all?

Archived