LegacyGT.com

Where to get suede wrap steering wheel!

08LGT80

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks I have google and seen that. What I mean is someone or tuning shop that can wrap the oem wheel. Would that be cheaper than buying the prova wheel or damd steering wheel?

I remember when I had my STI there was a vendor on iwsti.com that unstitched the leather from the oem wheel and re-wrapped it with suede. I will have to take a look since I would like to do it myself.

Thanks I have google and seen that. What I mean is someone or tuning shop that can wrap the oem wheel. Would that be cheaper than buying the prova wheel or damd steering wheel?

then you should properly make a thread called "where to get my steering wheel suede-wrapped"

contact jpm coachworks, they have a pretty stellar reputation on NASIOC.

http://www.jpmcoachworks.com/jpm/

jpmcoachworks.com

One more bump for JPM. Though I have never used them personally, the owner (Alex) started the local Subaru forum in Atlanta (WRXAtlanta.com) years ago - which is where I got my start in Subaru community. He is an awesome guy, and I have heard great things about his products with JPM Coachworks.

JPM definitely looks like a good option - I too have been looking into options for the steering wheel and the DAMD ones are difficult to source and $$$$. I also found these guys which are a vendor on this forum and many seem to be happy with them as well....they also seem to offer pretty good discounts for "bundling" - I was considering them for the shift boot, e-brake lever boot and steering wheel wrap:

www.redlinegoods.com

Only crappy thing about Redline and JPM is that they are "bulky" looking. Certain people like certain things but, I like the feel of the stock wheel and I feel like I can get a good grip on it. IMO it looks like you would have less grip on the re-upholstered stock wheels but, I have never felt one so I could be wrong.

On a side note: I have a redline shift boot and it is very good quality and there customer service is great.

EDIT: I just noticed the picture for the redline steering wheels on Redlines website has "extra padding" so that is why it looks so damn thick :lol:

Archived