LegacyGT.com

Just Joined the blown turbo club!

Hey everyone, i kinda fell off the map for a while, and on my way back to civilization, I gained some extra back pressure! I assumed it may have just been seized but after limping it home and letting it cool off for a few days(ignoring it so my head wouldn't explode) and pulling it off a few minutes ago I found that the compressor wheel had broken of the shaft and all is unsalvageable :spin:http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/309366_10150289927771099_508786098_8006169_1080694678_n.jpg

I'm thinking BNR 20g? suggestions?

Did it make any noise before it went ?

I'm told you will need other mods to go with the 20g. Do you want to spend that kind of money ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

no noise at all, It happened at about 60 in 5th about 2600 rpm. down shifted for a hill coming up and it didnt accelerate and i could just feel the back pressure.

around 2,000 is what it would cost for the repairs at the dealer by my estimate. So why not spend that money on upgrades? I have some 850 injectors lined up, I would like to get headers and a up pipe, debating a catless downpipe. the 20g is only about 1000 shipped i believe? so 500 for pipes and 500 for intercooler I may be able to pull that much off.

buddy you have a lot more issues to deal with before you start planning mods. First make sure your engine is not damaged, metal shards in the oil..... search first the blown turbo threads before you just toss on a new turbo and have it blow 2k miles later, either way good luck with the build

buddy you have a lot more issues to deal with before you start planning mods. First make sure your engine is not damaged, metal shards in the oil..... search first the blown turbo threads before you just toss on a new turbo and have it blow 2k miles later, either way good luck with the build

What he said.

=OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

where, what, when, how.

uh ? look at my kit .. back when i installed the holset on my lgt. i did the fmic and 3" stainless exhaust at the same time.

the 3" turbo back exhaust with stainless mufflers high flow cat and polished stainless resonator cost be about 250$

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I didnt inspect that banjo that thoroughly but i will in a bit, it has 88,000 on it. theres a company that sells top mounts for like 490$

Just replace that Banjo Bolt. It cost me 2 turbos before I found it. Not worth it to risk it when the new bolt with filter is less than 20 bucks. Trust me.

uh ? look at my kit .. back when i installed the holset on my lgt. i did the fmic and 3" stainless exhaust at the same time.

the 3" turbo back exhaust with stainless mufflers high flow cat and polished stainless resonator cost be about 250$

When you say look at your kit...where exactly is your kit?

Archived