LegacyGT.com

Spt

SwaggerWagon05

How could that be TurkeyLord? Some guy with 3 posts said someone else said its totally all good dude. /sarcasm.

Blind leading the blind in this thread.

OP, lets try this again, WTF are you trying to achieve? A SPT intake and exhaust is not going to do anything for you, particularly without tuning for your parts, except add a little noise and remove some safety.

Young Wheels should do a search about CAI before you cosign parts on others cars.

What I'm asking is if the dealers are selling spt things ie intake and exhaust and are willing to sell you a new car with those items installed then there shouldn't be any reason why you would need to tune for the spt things, you could go under the assumption that the dealer isn't going to do anything to void the warranty. So again I was wondering if it was ok to add the spt things ie intake and exhaust without a tune... again only going on the assumption stated above. I'm not trying to do anything just want to know if its safe to run the factory subaru performance parts on our cars without a tune!

What I'm asking is if the dealers are selling spt things ie intake and exhaust and are willing to sell you a new car with those items installed then there shouldn't be any reason why you would need to tune for the spt things, you could go under the assumption that the dealer isn't going to do anything to void the warranty.

Thats not a question and the assumption is mistaken. The dealer will happily install the intake and blame you for the lean conditions.

So again I was wondering if it was ok to add the spt things ie intake and exhaust without a tune...

No AND you dont really want the spt intake even with a tune AND none of these parts are going to do anything for your car. Well, the exhaust at least looks and sounds cool, is a great piece, and wont hurt the car.

And the sound of the intake (in my opinion) is too loud and makes it sound like something is wrong with the car. I thought a LGT I test drove had something wrong with it but after doing a little research found out the SPT intake is just that loud (the one I test drove had it installed). Plus if the gains are minimal, the appeal is even smaller (to me anyway).

Archived