LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket flywheel and clutch for Spec B 6MT=Sti 6 MT ?

edkwon

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
of course.....you need a clutch ~

must be driving too hard, Greg

Ha ha.

It's not slipping as of now but I have been taking it (somewhat) easy. I'm getting a little bit of chatter. Possibly the flywheel is glazed.

I'm not going to piss around with refinishing it. Now is as good a time as any to upgrade. ;)

How is yours holding up Perry???

Ha ha.

It's not slipping as of now but I have been taking it (somewhat) easy. I'm getting a little bit of chatter. Possibly the flywheel is glazed.

I'm not going to piss around with refinishing it. Now is as good a time as any to upgrade. ;)

How is yours holding up Perry???

After 36K miles, i too am having a lot of chatter between the clutch/flywheel when i cold start my car, making slipping into 1st gear kind of annoying. Methinks its getting close to upgrading to an ACT clutch.

^^ do ittt, and edkwon could you send me the link to your car with the EL headers, the vid you posted. i looked on youtube but only found the one where your on the dyno. BTW are they the perrin ones? and what DP are you running, i saw you have the MR CBE. im looking into gettin myself a pair of these, thats my reason for all the questions. thanks

They are Perrin EL headers, and all the answers you seek are mentioned in all of my threads (first page of my Photos thread in the members gallery lists ALL my mods), don't start exhaust questions in a transmission forum and steer this thread off topic.

After 36K miles, i too am having a lot of chatter between the clutch/flywheel when i cold start my car, making slipping into 1st gear kind of annoying. Methinks its getting close to upgrading to an ACT clutch.

So your plan is ACT??? Which one??

That was also the way I was leaning but just not sure which one to run.

I was considering something fairly heavy duty (running AVO420 with supporting mods) but am somewhat concerned about drivability as its my daily driver.

Yes. I had RalliSpec install an Exedy Stage 2 Cerametallic and there were no fitment issues.

There was driveability issues (I didn't like it around town) :lol: and I had it taken out....and it's for sale. Only 500 miles on it....

And is it stiff? When I got in the car to start it up after they installed it, I thought that the clutch pedal was welded in place!

hmmmm, just a BUNCH more leg muscle needed than I'm used to.

When I had it taken out, I was in a pinch for time, I had the Suby dealer install an 07 STI clutch kit. Nearly put the pedal through the floor board after THAT install (after getting used to the Exedy setup). :lol:

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

If it's a street car we definitely recommend the HD-SS clutch. It has the heavy duty pressure plate which is just a bit stiffer than stock and a full face clutch disc. There will be no chatter when engaging whcih is great for street use and is able to be slipped appropriately for street driving.

The STI will fit the spec B. It uses a pull instead of push style clutch like the LGT 5spd. Flywheel is the same. I would get the streetlite if you get one.

BTW, we have these in stock and at great prices.

Tony

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived