LegacyGT.com

My car, she has sprung a few leaks -- Time to install some mods

Inspector Gadget

I had smelled burning oil earlier in the day, so when I pulled in the driveway and saw a little smoke billow out of the hood scoop I knew I had a problem.

I have leaks/oil weeping from the oil pan, oil cooler seal (?), right valve cover gasket, one of the head gaskets and the transmission shift shaft seal. I'm going to have head gaskets replaced and a valve job done while the motor is apart. The shop will take care of all the other issues while they're at it as well as installing my new, ceramic coated up and down pipes.

Since they will have my car for a week, I am also going to have them install my new Koni/H&R Springs set up.

I am sure as hell not excited about the price tag! :cool:

But I am really excited about the finished product! :icon_mrgr

Hell yeah! I say we have a meet after you get that done and after I get all my stage 3 bits up and running well. Seems to be project season! My build in the next couple weeks is:

Forced Performance HTA68

Power Enterprise 850cc injectors

Deatchworks 65c pump

Innovate Motorsports wideband gauge kit

Spark plugs of some sort.

And a tune by Logan when it's done :cool:

I spent my first couple years out of high school as a Porsche mechanic. I also built and raced Datsun 510s for about 10 years. I still have most of my tools and my neighbor has a lift and every other tool you could ask for; he's said I'm welcome to use his place whenever I need to. What I don't have is the time to do all the work that is needed.

The shop that has the car specializes in Subarus; they have an excellent reputation and even offer a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty on their work. Which is more than I can say for most shops.

Looks like you have a good project going here.

While things are apart, have you checked the play in the front sway bar bushings ? I just replaced mine. Also check out the shifter stay bushings. I just bought my Cobb stay bushings from "underdog".

If your using the LWCP make sure you stay with a steel SMFW.

How are the heat shields on the exhaust manifold ? I cut the center one off while my tranny was out a few weeks back, I wrapped it with DEI heat wrap. No picture of it but in my click here link you can see other parts I DEI wrapped.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived