LegacyGT.com

2006 LGT Stage III Stalling Out When Stopped

Mods = Invidia catless DP, Magnaflow exhaust, VF52 Turbo, deatschwerks 65cc fuel pump, opensource tune.

I had an oil change done and replaced my K&D drop-in airfilter with a paper filter because I was led to believe that the oils from the K&N may have contributed to my MAF going on me. As soon as I left the shop my car started struggling to stay going add low rpms and started stalling out on me when stopped, almost like my idle was to low.

Anyone know what maybe going on?

Also check your endtanks on your intercooler
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Sounds like a bad vac leak to me. i had that happen to me once when the pcv line popped off of my turbo inlet while I was driving. Either do a pressure test or you can have someone sit in the car while keeping the rpm high enough to not stall out and listen for that seeping air sound. Doing a visual wont always show if and where the leak it. If it is a leak then its a fairly large one due to it causing the car to stall out.

• Mega Users
Sounds like a bad vac leak to me. i had that happen to me once when the pcv line popped off of my turbo inlet while I was driving. Either do a pressure test or you can have someone sit in the car while keeping the rpm high enough to not stall out and listen for that seeping air sound. Doing a visual wont always show if and where the leak it. If it is a leak then its a fairly large one due to it causing the car to stall out.

this. and if not this then clean MAF, if not that then reset ECU. Rought idle? Then check your TGVs. CEL?

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Mega Users
whoa. wait a second. just had this happened to me. Make sure your airbox is completely sealed, especially since you just put a k and n in. Pop the hood and make sure the tabs are in place and there is a perfect seal on the box. If not, it will cause a rough idle, and the car to stall periodically at idle. Also p0171
"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I changed from a K&N to a stock paper filter. I was hoping the airbox was going to be the culprit but unfortunately it looked good. The low idling started immediately after the oil change and filter change out so I was hoping it was something simple. The car is also making a louder swooshing noise in boost. All the vacuum hoses that I could see looked connected?

Any other suggestions or should I go get a vacuum leak test next?

c'mon where is BMX to tell him to do a compression test?

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived