LegacyGT.com

Sqweek Sqweek... OMFG DIE sqweek

MiniStiGuy

So I have had this very, very, VERY annoying sqweek ever since I put my Hawk HPS pads on. I used high temp antisieze between and on everything as follows:

back plate that comes built onto pad

Middle plate with slots in it

top backing plate

All over the pad guide clips

and they still skweek and I checked the pad guide clips and they aren't even near the rotor to be rubbing on it. This is driving me insane!!!!

Today I took it all apart again and applied even more crap onto everything and took it out for a drive after and it STILL SQWeeks!!!

I got my 60k service coming up so I'm planning on just having them look at the wheel bearings and hopefully maybe figure out how to stop the damn sqweek because I personally GIVE UP!

well that makes two of us then. had a squeek. took them off. wire brushed the backing plate and cleaned the crap out of it. cleaned the guide clips. lightly sanded the pad. took it up the road and slammed on the brakes a good 5 or 6 times. got them nice and warm. figured i had some pad deposits. and guess what

squeek. so i am all ears on this one.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

take out all the backing plates...so its just the caliper adn the HPS pads. That's what i rocked on my OEM setup!!

no squeeky squeeky...

and just a thin coat of goo on the back of the HPS pad.

hope that helps!

~Sucka-Duck~

Archived