LegacyGT.com

Hazard lights

I have replaced my audio system with a cleansweep and new speakers. For some reason in the process my hazard lights quit working. I have checked all the connections and made sure everything was plugged in, they still wont work. I am going to have to take it to the dealer if i cant figure it out. Any suggestions at all!!

Ok, so i checked all the connections. They all were snug and i did check to make sure the wire were not pulled out of the plastic clips. I also pulled out the middle wire that runs between the hazard switch and the bulk wire. i checked that and all turned out to be fine. I am baffled to why the hazards wound work.

Is there anything else i should check before giving up to the dealer?

My next step would be to test the wires at the switch and make sure voltage is coming into the switch at least. If it's going in, but not out, bad switch. Process of elimination...this being the easiest first step.

yea i got an audio shop to install a nav into the cubby hole.

now my hazard button doesn't work.

is there a way around this?

I FIXED THE PROBLEM!!! what happened was when i plugged the wires back in i guess i went in crooked and bent one of the prongs. i bent it so far back that i was able to plug the wires in and thats why i was so confused. So future tip of the day: be carefull plugging in wires and make sure not to break or bend any prongs. Also Hakgwai, i bet you have the same problem....

Archived